Quantcast

Sometimes my Sony does not power on?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by mpovolo, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

Has anyone experienced this. Two times now I power everything on but the Sony does not turn on. The only way I got it to power up was unplugging and pluggin back in.

anyone else see this before. Only two times but wondering if it will become common.

thanks

2. Jamon47

Jamon47 New Member

I had that happen to me 3 or 4 times in the past month and I also had to unplug and plug it back to get it to power up.

I have been doing a lot of trial/test since I bought the GS7, so I guess that I am the one causing the problem!

3. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Especially with flash sites, I've run in to a problem where the remote locks up ... but you can tell if that's the case by pulling the battery. I haven't had the unit locked up so far. You might try turning off HDMI control.

4. JonWillieNelson

JonWillieNelson New Member

No problems with powering up here. Though to echo what jonw747 said, I have had the remote glitch and had to pop the battery out of the remote and then it would power up the GTV fine. To tell if its the remote, look at the blinking green light, and if it blinks about 6 times real fast then there seems to be a problem and you should do the battery trick.

5. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

thanks all

6. jonw747

I've gotta say I haven't had the remote control lock up on me recently though, I wonder if the last s/w update fixed it?

7. sachadon

sachadon New Member

try not to use the "quick reboot" option. at night when you are not using the box its good idea to shut it down completely.

8. jonw747

I power my unit down in to the sleep mode when I'm not using it. It's not really off as it turns instantly back on. Like with all forms of PCs, stability is really dependent on what you run on the box so it's impossible to compare from user to user - unless you only do one specific thing and then the unit fails.

9. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

Thanks all, so do you suggest we leave the checkbox on normal power up which takes longer or that quick boot option under startup. Then basically leave it on except at night a power off.

thanks

10. jonw747

I don't turn off my Sony so it will run better, but just to save power. I use the quick boot option strictly for the convenience of having the unit come up fast. Just like on an Android phone I try to make I sure I exit apps by backing all the way out of them or using their exit option - but some users prefer to use a "RAM cleaner" to cleanup apps that are floating around eating up memory. If the unit doesn't seem to be able to do things that it can usually do, I just use the soft-reset on the keyboard ... ctrl-shift-delete. But my Sony has been pretty stable since I got through the out-of-the-box must try everything phase.