Quantcast

Some of my chanel are now blocked ??

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by ColmARocK, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Hello,

Since I have my revue, some of my channels always have a warning msg when turn on the setup box something like " Copy Protection YPbPr output is blocked Press "exit" to cancel". But this morning when I first turn on the tv my screen was froze so I decided to restart the revue and after that those channels (the one who generally have the Copy message) are all black. I see the menu bar, the channel name but no image and song. If i go to the "same channel" (the non HD version) it works.

By the way I'm in canada so my cable provider is probably not trying to block gtv, but could be something for copy protection....

Someone else had the same issue ?

Thanks,

I use a Logitech Revue + Atlantic Setupbox + Sharp Acquos.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's indicative of your cable company (Rogers?) enforcing High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) on their High Definition (HD) channels. This is usually caused when both the HDMI and Component or Composite video outputs are being used. The idea is that they don't want you to be able to copy the HD content through the analog outputs since they cannot be monitored by HDCP.

3. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Thanks for the info, I'm with Videotron (Quebec) is it possible for him to apply this protection on specifics channels ? Because I only have 2 HD channels like that other, the others works find.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yep! As long as you rent/lease the cable box, they have full control of its firmware and can implement OTA updates at a moments notice without your consent.

5. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

All my chanels are back tonight, I dont understand what happened. thanks again.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Didn't do anything, but glad to help anyways.