Quantcast

So where is jellybean update

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by tommycat, Sep 25, 2013.

1. tommycat

tommycat New Member

Google said by the third quarter ,Well we are just about there. I just bought a new samsung smart tv ,utube web browser ,plenty of apps .Samsung smart tv is just like google tv. There is just one difference .The sumsung smart tv works ten times better..Will google keep there promise ??

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Samsung Smart TV is not just like Google TV, I sure nobody reads that and believes it. You are entitled to think it works ten times better. Jelly Bean for Google TV is supposedly coming soon, some rumors indicate before the end of September but I sure don't know if that is accurate.

3. tommycat

tommycat New Member

I have just bought a samsung 7100 hundred series 65 inch smart tv 2013 model , daul core . This tv dose everything google tv dose ,but better, very stable system.
    I also have the sony GS7 box . The samsung is so much better I am not even using the sony box.
    I am waiting to see if google keeps there promise . so far it dose not look good.

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

Google never promised anything.
    Google is not responsible for updating any GTV boxes.
    Google gives the update to the manufacturers, they then have to update their own boxes.
    I wouldn't expect too many boxes to be updated this year. Hope I'm wrong but past experiences would say I'm right.

5. tommycat

tommycat New Member

Wrong google said about 3 months ago their would a jellybean update by the third quarter this year . i yes it is google yes google that must release a firmware update .

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Wow, great HDTV by the way. As far as any Google TV updates, each specific manufacturer must adapt the update to their respective models and who knows when Google will provide the update to the various manufacturers. I am skeptical about third quarter but we can hope.

7. tommycat

tommycat New Member

thanks for the compliment on my TV.I'm still hoping to see jelly bean to come out very soon

8. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

Obviously you're wrong. You know that now I bet.

9. tommycat

tommycat New Member

No dude I am not wrong.google said by the third quarter.of course it dose not to much to me because samsung has google tv beat.google tv will always be unstable as long as it runs on firmware 3.2.

10. tommycat

tommycat New Member

yes Google must provide a newer firmware first.there is a YouTube video about lg tv getting the update by the third quarter. still has not happened.

11. tommycat

tommycat New Member

I don't think so

12. tommycat

tommycat New Member

Google is responsible for the firmware update.make no mistake about it

13. Travel

Travel Active Member

The REL-11 system update was just installed on the GS7 last week. As there are no visible, apparent differences from the REL-10 version, some think this REL-11 update was a preliminary "set-up" for the Jelly Bean update. If that's true, then Sony would have to wait until after all Sony GoogleTV devices have the REL11 before installing the Jelly Bean update.

Didn't the REL-10 bring "voice" and various apps like VuDu, and apps-updates like HD capability for Google Play and Amazon Prime movies? Correct me if I'm wrong but, the REL-11, as far as what I've seen posted, is a "mystery update." So, what was the reason for the REL-11 version, if it was not in preparation for the Jelly Bean update?

• Like Like x 2
  14. tommycat

tommycat New Member

yes I saw that and I hope you're right.

15. retroben

retroben Active Member

@Travel:For bucking everyone up the futt by killing the ability to root.

16. galfert

galfert Active Member

Rel 11 also removed the HBO app. And it also changed the model name to include the GS8. On Rel 10 running on the GS8 the model reported was GS7. Rel 11 also included a couple extra home widgets.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  17. Travel

Travel Active Member

The HBO wasn't an app, it was a short cut, and it was already not-working before the REL-11 system update. They wouldn't have a five minute download system update to remove a short cut. Also, it was already labeled "NSZ-GS7/GS8" before the REL-11 update. I don't know about the widgets. Could you name them? And do you have a link to anything to verify, or agrees with your comments? I think I remember your posting these same coments before, and adding that you weren't sure if there were widgets added or not, but now you're stating it as fact.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  18. Travel

Travel Active Member

That may be coincidental. If that, in fact, happened at all with of the REL_11 update.

Still haven't seen anything official from Google on what the REL-11 actually did within the system.

19. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i hope you know that by the third quarter, doesnt mean prior to the start of the 3rd quarter. the update could happen any time in the third quarter, however i would not be surprised if it does not get here by then. which chromecast and all i suspect that the direction and focus of the team is different now that chromecast is out.

20. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i dont think some manufacturers have heard a peep out of google, concerning this update.