Quantcast

So what is the best GTV STB now?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by misfit410, May 28, 2013.

1. misfit410

misfit410 New Member

I got a Logitech Revue when it first went to $99, it's served me a long time and I love it.. I got a Vizio costar and while I'm impressed with it, it went to live as a secondary device as I simply could not part with the revues ability to control my audio receiver....

Well now it looks like I'm forced to, the primetime app just no longer works on the revue, if it loads it takes 15 minutes to do so and most times it just crashes.. it's getting slower every day it seems and factory resets no longer bring it back from the brink for me.

I need to replace my trusted revue, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get another costar, or if something better has hit, I've been eyeing the Asus cube but feedback has been greatly mixed.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Sony NSZ-GS7 is best in my opinion. I just yesterday retired a Logitech Revue which had served me well almost two years. I currently run two Sony NSZ-GT1 boxes and one NSZ-GS7, all controlled by Logitech Revue K700 keyboards.

3. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

I agree. The Sony NSZ-GS7 appears to be the best. Well made, well backed and a really great remote. It also seems to have more codec support than some of the other GTV systems.

Philip

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm rolling with the Vizio Co-Star, I still have my original Co-Stars, never ever had problems with either of my Co-Stars, not even a hiccup, all were purchased at different times too ... Basically all Google TV set top boxes are the same under the hood (Same Processor), it's the individual user, who will set the tone for how well his Google TV box set top will work ...

I know for fact why I have never had problems with my Co-Stars, but the next guy may have nothing but headaches with his Google TV set top box ....

Certain things I will never use with my Co-Stars, such as certain connection equipment, the next guy my not have knowledge of these things like a set top box cooling system, video/audio data stream pass through and resolution technology ...

They are a lot of things that will come into play with a Google TV set top box, which the average Joe does not know about, just go over to Amazon and read some of the reviews on all Google TV set top boxes (Horror Stories) ...

5. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Same here,I jumped ship from Revue..still using it till my Co-star comes..I was thinking more of a cute blonde "co-star" but nobody's perfect lol!
    I only hope I can still use my K700 keyboard with it..I saw the tiny keypad on the new boxes and said "who designed this Mattel and barbie?"
    Its Jellybean time!! and moving up in the world of google tv