Quantcast

so Google tv HC is coming? or is it...

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

if you have not heard yet... it appears the report of the revue getting HC was a hoax... but there is some traction to the story.. and Logitech Blog is indeed saying.. its being pushed starting to day..
    and its lighting up twitter and all that silly stuff.. with HC is coming!!! so.. what is it? did the Hoax just create too much momentum for logitech to stem the tide.. "Well, since there is already a big smelly sink being raised about this up date coming out.... LETS JUST PUSH IT OUT THIS WEEK!" or did they just.. totally screw up the schedule.. and logitech has no real intent to push the update... either way.. its pretty amazing what a fire started from this one post...

Just got the 3.1 UPDATE!!!!! for revue!! - Logitech Forums

and then this

All about the 3.1 update fake - Logitech Forums

but for it to go all the way to an official press release?

Logitech Brings Next Version of Google TV to Logitech Revue | Blog.Logitech

lots of fog of war here.... i wonder how this will turn out..

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The two occurances are seperate from one another. Just a really lucky coincidence in the timing. Besides, Google's blog is indicating its being rolled out today; however, Logitech's blog indicates it will be rolling out this week. Past experience would seem prudent to believe Logitech's update about thier own products, rather than entertain the guesstimations from Google about another company's products.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

looks to be legit... logitech has changed out their web adverts.. and looks like Hoax has been given the gate on the revue forum..
    we should know something by friday or sat... but i would have expected at least one "I GOT IT" posted sometime today...

we shall c ....

4. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

Logitech have announced that they will begin delivering a free software update of the Android 3.1 platform to Logitech Revue this week, Staring TODAY!!!

As we have been waiting many months (and years) for the Honeycomb 3.1 update, now that is finally available we can not believe...

But Believe or Not, It's true! It's finally true!

5. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

I wonder how Logitech will roll out the update? Manufacture date,registration date or some other way?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It will be a staggered roll out like every other Android device. Nobody knows how or what determines where you are in the queue. Well, Google and Logitech might... but it doesn't seem likely they're going to tell us.

7. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Oh, didn't you guys get the memo:

I'm sure it stated that Admins., then Mods., then you guys are next after that..... [​IMG]