Quantcast

So far so good!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by swiftdreams, Sep 21, 2011.

1. swiftdreams

swiftdreams New Member

I powered up this new gadgit yesterday. Having trouble getting the WI-FI to work consistantly, probably a positioning issue. I still use my Webtv, but this Revue is really great to be able to surf like a computer. Just have to learn to use it. Nice that there's a forum to ask questions.

I had to call a tech to help me set up. Had no clue what a "STB" (set top box) or "AVR" (Audio-video receiver) was. I have neither, so it was a relief to find out I didn't need them just get on the internet. Very nice fellow, stayed with me the entire time, even waited while I went to wake up my son to get the password for the WI-FI. He made it a fun experience.

My sons sure are glad I don't have to invade their rooms to get on the computers. Me too, lol! Looking forward to a long relationship with Google TV!

Oh, hello to any Webtvers, present and former!

~Mary~

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi Mary! Welcome to the forum. I used to be on Webtv. Is Webtv still going? What do most of the people still on Webtv think about Google TV? I remember there used to be a big debate in the Webtv forums about whether it would be better to buy a Google TV or a computer (to replace the Webtv.)

3. swiftdreams

swiftdreams New Member

Hi Catfish! I remember seeing your posts in Offworld and Norbert's ng. There was still some discussing going on in the latter util Norbert hung up his webby for good. Don't see too much said about GTV anymore. I've actually had my Revue since April, but I'm a terrible procrastinator! It took my mom's tv in the living room shutting down to get me to move my old analog tv in there and set up my HDTV, which I bought when I got the Revue. Yeah, been sitting on it that long, lol!

We have 2 computers, and so far my opinion is I like my Revue far better than the computer. It's so easy to screw up a 'puter, while this GTV reminds me a great deal of early Webtv, but with steriods! My worst problem has been getting used to this finger pad thingy. I'm used to a mouse with the computer. I think this is a perfect mate to Webtv. I still think I will prefer to work on my websites with my LBB, and I do love making sigs for the ng's and emailing my fellow webbers, so I have no intention of dropping Webtv ever!

Only thing GTV needs now is printer access. It would be perfect then, for me at least.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you are aware of it - but you can connect a mouse to the Revue. Also Eferz made a post in this forum about a way to print with Google TV now. It uses cloud printing and you need a special kind of printer.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

A special kind of printer isn't absolutely necessary for Google's Cloud Print. It just makes it more convenient since you don't need a computer with a Google Cloud Print compatible printer. In lieu of having that kind of printer, you can use Google Chrome on a desktop computer to set up a "classic" Cloud Print share with a legacy printer. The only caveat is legacy printing requires the computer to be active in order for Cloud Print to function.

6. swiftdreams

swiftdreams New Member

Thanks catfish and eferz! I will have to check out this Cloud Print compatible printer. How exactly does it hook up to the Revue?

7. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

Agree CatfishRivers... I already tried four Logitech Unify Type Mouses, and all are working OK

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member