Quantcast

So far it's ok

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by alvysyngr, Aug 26, 2012.

1. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

I am on the fence with this device - I really dislike the remote. When you type it misses keys (I have the gsz-gt1 which also had click keys and had zero issue), and the remote doesn't feel responsive

The entire interface is snappier than my GT1 or revue, setup was easy on my Tivo HD, I just really am not happy with this huge ugly remote.

ebay perhaps?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Right now eBay is probably better than a return if you are an experienced seller but that opportunity is likely not going to be long lived so act fast if that is going to be your decision. You might also consider pairing the Logitech Revue K700 keyboard with it, those sell new for $28 on eBay now but check here and make sure the functionality is good enough. I love that keyboard and use it with a Windows PC connected to a display for internet TV use.

3. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

Be sure you are paired and in BT mode. If you are still in IR mode, you might drop keys. The best way to determine is to test the touchpad - if pointer responds, you're in BT mode. Next suggestion is to pull battery pack to cycle power on the remote and reinitialize the BT connection. Finally, if still issues, try re-pairing the remote.

4. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

I'm getting rid of this little sh!t box

I'll place an order for the Sony GS7 and see if that is any better - HUGE letdown from vizio

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Sorry about your problems, but I have thus far never ever experience a missed, run on or sticky keys with my Co-Star remote, it works perfect, like a charm .... As matter of fact IMHO, The Vizio Co-Star works better than, the Ruku XS, WD Streaming Media Player and Boxee Box .... I will be placing another order for a Vizio Co-Star very soon ....

6. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

Can you be more specific? It sounds like your remote is not BT paired. Does the touchpad work? If not, you aren't paired and that might explain dropped keys. When you type on the keyboard the remote is aimed to yoru left side, so it might not be picking up the IR signal.

Looking at your posts it appears that you give up pretty easy, and you have a pattern of returning things.

7. thegoog

thegoog New Member

I have the same problem with the remote. I am definitely in bluetooth mode as the track pad works. I prefer the boxee box remote to the co-star remote by a long margin. I'd rather have a very simple secondary remote to supplement my primary remote than a end all be all remote. The RF mode on the boxee box remote seems to work much better as well. I don't know how Vizio thinks they can build a google TV box, and remote that everyone will want to use as a primary remote for only $99, when some universal remotes cost more than that alone.

So far my remote is unresponsive, misses keys on the keyboard, and worse it has a tendancy to type a letter 10 times when i press it once. The remote also lost its pairing once and I had to reset it and pull the batteries to get it to work again.

8. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

LeadingMan - I DO return items I think are complete garbage, you are correct. Such as The much anticipated Boxee Box which I haven't questioned or desired to go back to ever. I also have a pattern of keeping things that I think are solid devices such as my Tivo, WDTv, etc.

You have a 'pattern' of 6 posts which only seem to show your 'expertise' with the co-star so I think you probably WORK for Vizio Customer Support - ugh - I may never buy another Vizio product again, but then again word on the street is Vizio is on the way out anyway via a buyout.

9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anything on a potential buyout of Vizio, do you know of a good place to read about this rumor? Do you know who the rumored buyer is?

10. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

There is more than just rumblings of it throughout the financial world...keep searching

I have no idea who might want to buy Vizio, but in my circles its more than a rumour