Quantcast

So....Buy Another Revue or Wait for Sometning New??

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by SteveD, Nov 12, 2011.

1. SteveD

SteveD New Member

Despite all the negative press the Revue/GTV has received I really love it. I like how it meshes with DirecTV with PIP allows you to still view programming and such. If it played Blu-ray ISO's I'd be in heaven. I really don't want to lose this aspect of my HT and if this unit quits I'll be left with nothing. I'm thinking of buying a back-up unit even though I harbor some resentment toward Logitech. I was/am an early adopter ($299) and I've never seen such lack of support as I have with the Revue. Is Google going to continue with this platform??

2. Mar

Mar New Member

Since you like it, buy another one. If yours breaks in a year and you try to replace it with a used one, you might have to pay more than the current price for a new one!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I still believe both the Logitech Revue and the Sony Google TV Blu-Ray player are worthwhile purchases. However, each of them have different aspects which will make one more desirable than the other despite having the common Google TV operating system. So, if you don't like the manufacturer then at least you have an alternate. Just make sure to do the research to determine whether or not the unique features that you desire most is supported by either manufacturer.