Quantcast

Sluggish keyboard response, blank TV screen, no sound - have to power down Revue box

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ddoyle, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ddoyle

ddoyle New Member

I just hooked up my new Logitech Revue Google TV to my Comcast 8300HD set top box, Pioneer AV Receiver, and Sharp LCD tv. Everything worked great for a while, then the TV screen suddenly went blank, no sound, no response to keyboard. Had to power the Revue box down -- the reset button didn't work -- to get things going again. This happened twice inside of an hour. My Netgear Dual Band N router is in the rear of the house, and the Revue wifi box is approx sixty feet away, with no line of sight access -- could this be the problem? I notice that the Logitech Revue will only work with the 2.4ghz SSID of the dual band router. My iPad works with the 5ghz SSID band, but our iPhones (2) and an older Dell notebook are all on the same 2.4ghz band as the Revue. Is this perhaps a bandwidth issue?

Really impressed by the quality of the Logitech Revue Google TV setup, but need to fix this bug.

Would a wifi repeater help?

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Does your router have a guest mode? If it does , see if you can set up the guest mode to use the 2.4ghz band . If not try temporary changing your settings to the 2.4ghz band mode and see if that fixes the problem.

Also check your hdmi cable and make sure your revue is well ventilated as it may be overheating.