Quantcast

Slow speedtest, but not my network PT. 2

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by almightycnu, Jan 6, 2013.

1. almightycnu

almightycnu New Member

Hi, i have a nsz-gt1 and i am trying to stream without having buffering issues (which i am having). I've run speed tests on both gtv and my laptop which are next to each other through wi fi and come back with gtv averaging 5 mbps down and very rarely jumping to 10 mbps and the laptop averaging 16 mbps down. I do have and older router linksys wirless-g 2.4 ghz and am wondering if this is the problem.

Do i need to finally upgrade my router, if so what am i looking for?
    In general what needs to be done in order to enjoy the "tv portal app" (which seems like it has amazing promise) but i cant watch more than 2 mins without buffering. Please Help.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

IMO the wifi card in your laptop is a lot better than the one in the GTV. For me I never issue for streaming from my laptop but my gtv is always buffering. So decided to wired it and now it goes at 11.5 avg on download, with the wifi the average was at 5.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

3. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

The wifi adapter suck in the gtv devices. Better off getting a media bridge/ gaming adapter which has better wifi. I have a asus rt-ac66r which the gtv device didn't take advantage of till I got a linksys ac media connector.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. phlunkie

phlunkie New Member

define stream buffering....netflix? something through chrome? local plex like setup? music?
    model of router and firmware version.
    Is the router setup in any special way (port forwarding, upnp, qos, firewall)

Without finding part 1 of this, did you at least set a static ip on the gtv?

As far as the router, not sure what model you have, but you may be able to breath new life into it by installing openwrt or tomato (if router supports it). Or at least see if you are on firmware that works. try doing a search "linksys wireless g router slow streaming". things to try, new firmware, factory reset router (get any odd settings you may have like port forwarding).

The more pertinent info you can give, the better we can help.

• Like Like x 2