Quantcast

Slow Performance on The Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Esalas666, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Esalas666

Esalas666 New Member

Hello All, I have a Revue and a Sony BR with Google TV, the sony device runs great, very responsive in every app. The revue on the other hand, is very slow, when browsing on chrome takes forever, the play store is super slow, HBO go is a nightmare on the Revue.

I was wondering if there is any method to fix this behavior on the revue. If you guys has any tips or recomend something, I would appreciated. Thanks!!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

First I'll mention that the Sony GTV devices have received the 3.2 update - which improved the speed of Chrome. Logitech Revue is still on the 3.1 update. Also the Sony BR has a faster processor than the Revue.

That being said I would try 1) reboot by pressing Alt + Ctrl + DEL 2) go to settings and clear all data from Chrome app. 3) full factory reset

I listed the steps in order of simplest to most tedious. Start with the easiest step first and see if you get improvement. If not move on to the next step. But note that with steps 2 & 3 you will lose your bookmarks.

Note: There is an option in settings to sync your bookmarks. If you check that box - I was told you can retrieve your bookmarks if you do the full factory reset. I haven't tried it so I'm not sure how it works - I think it would allow you to retrieve your bookmarks from another device. I'm not certain though.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Also, try this,

1. Unplug Power cord (wait 30 sec.) re-plug it.
    2. HBO/Max Go …Tip - click here.

Good luck

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Along w/the great advice given, a speedtest might not hurt. Just to make sure you are not starting off w/a handicap. A great site is: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    But any test will do. I've noticed along w/needing to restart the Revue, sometimes it also helps to unplug the Modem/Router for 30 seconds to reset and get a better connection. This the the least painful and sometimes most important troubleshooting step.

Carl

5. Carlszone

Last edited: May 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have both and believe the Sony NSZ-GT1 is slightly faster. I don't really see any speed issues with the Revue and new firmware to 3.2 might even negate the slight difference I believe exists now, let's hope Logitech can deliver that promised update.

7. CatfishRivers

I kind of had a hunch that this is how it's supposed to work. However I have checked the box in the Revue settings for "Sync Browser Bookmarks With Your Google Account". I then rebooted by pressing Alt + Ctrl + DEL. Next I went to Google bookmarks - but my GTV bookmarks don't show up there. (I'm logged into my Google account).

Any suggestions?

8. Carlszone

Hi

Mine shows up. But not all. The Bookmarks I have added only to homescreens will not show up on the Google bookmark page. Try adding a bookmark now. Check and see if it shows up, if not, sign out of Google Bookmarks and sign back in. Repeat above. If it shows up, then you can manually add any bookmarks, or simply go to each bookmark and use the update feature.

Carl

9. CatfishRivers

Ok I tried again and it still doesn't work.

I was reading through the Google Bookmark help section - and it says that Google Bookmarks currently doesn't support synching with Chrome bookmarks. Here's the link:

Chrome Bookmarks - Bookmarks Help

From Bookmarks Help: "At this time, Google Chrome Bookmarks are not compatible with Google Bookmarks. If you'd like to add your Chrome bookmarks to Google Bookmarks, we recommend that you first export your bookmarks from Chrome and use the steps outlined in our importing bookmarks into Google Bookmarks help article"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well it appears the only way to add GTV bookmarks to Google bookmarks is to do it manually. I've already got all my GTV bookmarks on Symbaloo anyway - so that's good enough.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  10. Carlszone

Hi

Just tested it out. Now I see that it is only showing bookmarks I once had in my Igoogle favorite links. Since most of them are the same as the ones I have in Chrome I never noticed the difference. Then again, I've never had to try and restore my bookmarks. Thanks, this is good to know.

Carl

11. chopper

chopper Active Member

Try All Apps, Settings, Applications, Running Services and turn off as many Apps that are runnung in the background as you possibly can to free up resources and your GTV device should be more zippy. Note every time you reboot you may need to do this again but then again if you do this you may find that you don't need to reboot so often.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012