Quantcast

Slingplayer working ok ?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by garlandpr, Feb 18, 2012.

1. garlandpr

garlandpr New Member

Hello, just want to find out if the slingplayer is working ok on the Sony google tv player.
    I have a Logitech revue and as you may know the slingplayer is freezing almost always when changing channels and not solution has been found so far......
    I was thinking to get maybe the Sony google tv but just wanted to make sure is not like the revue....
    Thanks,

2. gime_time

gime_time New Member

ttt, I have the same question. Anyone?

3. lkruper

lkruper Member

I finally had the opportunity to visit my cabin and check out the app. Even though the connection test passes consistently the following problems happen very very frequently:

1) The sound come on well after the picture. Sometimes never at all. Even though the picture looks great frequently the sound does not come on. When changing channels, etc, it is anyone's guess if the sound will come on. It has a better chance of working on the setting with the least resolution.

2) The picture frequently freezes. I don't think I was able to watch even one 1/2 hour program without the need to reset the picture (by doing a speed test or changing to a different resolution). I would guess that in 30 minutes this happened at least 2-4 times on the average.

Its sad, because the Slingplayer app was the sole reason I purchased the unit. I hope that they continue to work on the app and fix this time dilation problem.