Quantcast

Slingbox for Google TV is here!!!

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by kutty723, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kutty723

kutty723 New Member

go to "...slingbox.com/go/logitech-revue"

..sorry could not post links

not sure when this arrived, and I have not seen this posted anywhere else. It works great so far!! thank you sling and google!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

LOL. The funny thing I'm still technically under NDA, so I still can't discuss specifics for Slingplayer for Google TV. However, since the link is listed publicly within the Spotlight light app anyone can extrapolate the URL, which is "http://www.slingbox.com/gtv/".

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. qw545

qw545 Member

Wow! That was a nice surprise. I clicked on the link with the 24 inch Sony I have in another room and it began loading Slingplayer. Within moments I was able to connect to all that I have connected to my Slingbox. I saved the Slingplayer site as a bookmark and began exploring. I thought it would be made available to us as an app, but the access seems to be via a website. Once I discovered that the space bar brings up the controls and the ? key brings up shortcuts I was good to go. The controls are about the same as on my Android phone, so that makes it pretty simple. I noticed that there were two ways to connect, one was remotely and the other was locally. Since the way I wanted to use this on my Google TV in the other room which is connected to my network wirelessly, the local set-up is fine for my needs. One of my sources is a Uverse Set-top box and the other is connected directly to an antenna. The Uverse source video is fine, but the audio isn't precisely in sync with the video. The source directly from the antenna doesn't have that problem.

4. tnyonder

tnyonder New Member

I've got a logitech revue and i've got the slingplayer app playing, but a few of my buttons on the bottom menu are greyed-out and when i press '?' it says I don't have any Quick Keys. I don't see a remote or access to any other menu, So basically I have no control to do anything. Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can fix it?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The interface takes a little to get bit used to. The row of buttons are the major categories; Slingplayer Menu, D-Pad, Numeric Pad, and Miscellaneous Commands. There will be a middle row that you can use to toggle through the pages. This will be necessary if there are more than seven available commands on the Slingbar menu on the bottom row.

If you're having major issues with the interface, then it is possible the firmware on your Slingbox is not up to date. Download the Slingplayer Desktop program for Windows or Mac. It will allow you to download and install the latest firmware updates for your Slingbox Solo or Pro-HD.

6. pittsoccer33

pittsoccer33 New Member

this is nice to see. would definitely add some value to a house that has a slingbox and a tv they dont want to pay for HD on.

i thought Google adding this capability to Google TV would be a great idea, if it was able to play nice with HDCP that is

7. tnyonder

tnyonder New Member

eferz,
    through my windows slingplayer client, I checked for updated software for my Pro-HD and it said it had the most current version of software (2.1.330). I've tried entering numbers on the revue keyboard and they don't change channels. The space bar brings up the bottom menu (again, some items greyed-out). The ? button brings up the quick launch menu but none are listed. Any other ideas?

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you connected to the correct source? Remember the Slingbox Pro-HD has four separate sources; RF Coax, Composite, S-Video, and Component. Each one can be assign (or not assigned) a different IR profile. Make sure that you're toggled to the correct source while using the Slingplayer webapp. Otherwise, I would contact Sling Media technical support and ask for Dana if possible.

9. gregdapy

gregdapy New Member

IS this update just available for logitech revue? Was this also made available for the Sony TVs?

10. lkruper

lkruper Member

Does this mean that the Sony NSZ-GT1 now has slingplayer as well?

11. enyce9

enyce9 New Member

Getting platform not supported error on my Sony nsz-gt1

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

12. lkruper

lkruper Member

Sling has announced that Logitech Revue has it. Can anyone verify that Sony also has it on the Sony NSZ-GT1 ?

13. lkruper

lkruper Member

You could probably spoof the header on the browser, but I would think the roll-out is not far behind.

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, actually you can use it with the Sony Google TV devices. However, it hasn't been optimized for these devices and you may experience a dilation between the video and audio streams. Encye9, the only reason why you should see that error message is because your User Agent is not set to Default.

15. lkruper

lkruper Member

Thanks for the information. I am still considering my options. Right now I have a Gyration Air Remote that is an RF remote on my ASUS PC to watch my Slingbox. The MCE remote allows me to punch in the channel number just like a normal remote to the TV. In looking at the Boxee demo of Sling it was expressly mentioned that putting the channel number would work. The demo for google tv did not include this. However the Sling product manager made a comment during the Boxee demo that made it seem that putting in the cchannel number would work on any Sling interface.

Is this correct? Can one punch in the channel number for any Sling interface?

One other thing. On my current setup, if I select a channel to which I am not subscribed through Dish Network (I have a stand alone Sling box, not a sling-enabled DVR) I need the remote to cancel the selection. I do not see the traditional remote option on the demos. Could this be a problem?

• Like Like x 2
  16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, you can either use the Slingplayer overlay or the number keys to change channels.

Nope, if the IR command is associated in your device's IR profile then it will appear under the MISC category.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dullgeek

dullgeek New Member

According to the email that I got from Sling, the slingplayer app is not currently available for the sony google tv products. They are working on it.

18. Cellfreak

Cellfreak New Member

So I thought I would try the Slingplayer link in one of my Sony Google Tvs. Tonight it loaded and was playing one of my TIVO shows. Well worth the wait. Now to just pick up a third for the girlfriends house so I don't miss my shows.. I posted a few pictures for proof.

$2011-12-19_01-01-42_609.jpg $2011-12-19_02-00-02_53.jpg $2011-12-19_02-00-16_325.jpg $2011-12-19_02-00-29_881 (1).jpg $2011-12-19_00-51-07_202.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  19. Cellfreak

Cellfreak New Member

$2011-12-19_02-10-51_25.jpg Last but not least...

20. Cellfreak

Cellfreak New Member

First go to your Apps...
    $2011-12-19_02-32-53_849.jpg

Then click Spotlight
    $2011-12-19_02-33-16_305.jpg
    After clicking Slingplayer the app will load...