Quantcast

Sky tv

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by ChunkyLoverMark, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ChunkyLoverMark

ChunkyLoverMark New Member

Don't know if we have any UK users in here but when I control my Sky HD box with my Sony GTV remote each press of the d pad acts as three presses, this is very annoying.

2. balloonatic84

balloonatic84 New Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, one click translates into three on the Sky box.

I have to say I'm really disappointed with Google TV so far, I expected far more integration than there is and I'm not sure if its simply down to me doing something wrong or I've misunderstood what this thing can actually do.

I was expecting to be able to search for a TV program for example and the search results would pop up with a TV channel and time for that particular program, similarly searching for a movie on my network hard drive would bring up the movie in the results. At the moment whenever I search I just get standard search results through Chrome. I've made sure that all applications are searchable through the settings but it seems to have made no difference.

I'm giving the thing the remainder of the week to change my mind before it goes back to Sony. If I am being an idiot and missing something simple, or I have misunderstood the capabilities of what this thing can do then please feel free to put me in my place!

Cheers,
    Matt

3. ChunkyLoverMark

ChunkyLoverMark New Member

Yeah I thought the same, the US have a TV and videos app that looks amazing but once again us Brits miss out. I'm thinking of returning mine because of how hot it gets, does yours get as hot as a radiator?

4. balloonatic84

balloonatic84 New Member

I've not noticed it getting hot but saying that, I've not actually checked so can't say for sure either way.

I'm going to give it a few days to see how it goes but at the moment it is no more than an additional layer of complexity over my current AV setup that is providing no benefit to my viewing other than a web browser. I'm really surprised Sony/Google have released a device that is missing so much of its core functionality when compared to the US version, it's certainly not going to improve the image of Google TV. £200 for a web browser and an All-in-One remote is unacceptable in my opinion.