Quantcast

Skweezer - Use It!

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chicha29, Oct 4, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

As a former (long-time) user of MSNTV2 (and its earlier iterations), I thought I had moved beyond the need for skweezer Skweezer when I bought a GTV Logitech Revue. I just bookmarked my first site filtered through skweezer. The reason is, believe it or not, that GTV loads many websites in an intolerably too long a time - and my internet speed is fast. Filtering websites through skweezer causes page-loading to occur MUCH faster. Thirty seconds is a long time to wait for a page to fully load, but that wait-time is not out of the ordinary with GTV (hopefully, with the update, this will no longer be). But that 30-second wait is cut to 3 seconds with Skweezer!!! Try it and see for yourself. Of course, the page layouts are affected, but I can live with it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yeah I use Skweezer and a few other sites similar to it. They are good for reading online newspapers - and they eliminate all the ads and pop-ups that make Google TV crash on occasion. Pictures (jpeg files) can be viewed through Skweezer - however videos cannot be viewed. Here are 2 other sites similar to Skweezer:

http://mlvb.net

Mowser - Mobilizing the web

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  3. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

How is it that we had faster page-loads with MSNTV2? The only thing that I can figure is that Google is profiting from the ads and pop-ups that are slowing down GTV. People want to argue and say "hey, pay for faster internet speed!". But that won't do a thing in speeding up page-loads - not a thing. Heck, Google is in the business of selling ads. And that's all they do (to paraphrase a line from The Terminator)! Duh....

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Web pages will load faster when we get the Honeycomb update.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Most likely because WebTV doesn't support the many technologies that web advertisers use these days. So, it ignores code that it doesn't understand.

A lot of these sites aren't optimized for Google TV's web browser which is why they take a long time to load. There's no conspiracy plot behind Google that subjects you to slower browsing capabilities for web advertisers. In fact, it is just the opposite; ads running off of Google's sites are quicker to load because they tend to be streamlined and lightweight.

6. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

i get ads and it still loads fast, but flash crahes alot, maybe its you guys internet thats not hocked up right. lose wire or something. I had a slow wifi till i Change routers , my new one is called ubee provided by timewarner.