Quantcast

Skifta the best dlna/upnp media device for the vizio co-star (free)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

*ANOTHER HIDDEN DIMENSION OF THE VIZIO CO-STAR

I have about ten different media sources on my home network, plus "Skifta" offers about 10 online media sources too, just awesome ...!

[​IMG]

SKIFTA THE BEST DLNA/UPNP MEDIA DEVICE FOR THE VIZIO CO-STAR (FREE)

One the biggest surprise that I experience/discovered thus far with the new Vizio Co-Star firmware update is playing movies via "Skifta", via PlayPoint/Plex/Serviio/Twonky giving you highly enhanced upscale picture pixel crystal video resolution resolution quality ....

Even your DVD quality movies are highly enhanced, not to say anything about movies in 720p/1080p video resolution quality, which is just super awesome too ...

My advice, give it a test run and see for yourself ...! Plex was my main movie player, not anymore since I made this discovery, my choice now is playing movies via "Skifta" via PlayPoint. sweet, yeah ...!

See Post # 1 here for the "Skifta" download link *BELOW (Side Load)

Notice in the above top photo, Skifta ask you to choose a media source and the second photo it ask for a playback device,(Video/Audio Playback Device), whereas the GTVBox can play video/audio ... The Skifta DLNA Media Player app cannot playback video, but it gives you the OPTION to Choose a Video Player to play your movies...

That's why it's a good ideal to have several movies players on your Co-Star like *Plex, GTVBox and aVia .... Skifta can playback music files....!

In the above photo notice the playback device "Intergalactic Media", it has been renamed, it's actually the "aVia" Media Player, which can playback video/audio files ....

PlayPoint can also playback video/audio files ... I have changed just about all my movies to the Mp4 format, therefore I have no problems with the above playback devices via Skifta ......

*DLNA/UPNP: You can aim your Android handheld mobile devices (Install Skifta to you DLNA Android smartphone/tablet first, free Skifta app below), now you can aim your Android handheld mobile devices at your big screen DLNA Vizco Co-Star connected TV and auto start playing your selected streaming media from your DLNA Android smartphone/tablet and their is more ....

*By chance if you cannot download the free Skafta.apk from the Google Play Store, then get it here (Must Side Load To Your Vizio Co-Star) com.skifta.android.app-1.apk .... This whole set up is super sweet on the Vizio Co-Star, works like a charm .... Get more details here http://www.skifta.com .....

Description:

Control and play your media whenever and however you want with Skifta.Skifta for Android is a DLNA Certified(R) software[​IMG] app that combines media shifting with DLNA/UPnP and lets you play your digital music, photos and videos on connected devices anywhere - no wires, no downloading. Control digital media on your phone, from the Internet[​IMG], or remotely from home, and stream it over WiFi to your TV, PS3 or stereo.

Check out more at Skifta™ and the Android smartphone and side load it to the Vizio Co-Star (Sweet) ...I have already replaced the Plex/GTVBox with Skifta as far as movies/music playback, plus the high power DLNA options of Skifta, which the GTVBox is limited to these options ... Another thing, Skifta's UI is a lot more user friendly than the GTVBox ... I still use Plex with "Skifta" also ....!

Also Install "Skifta" on your PC/Laptop, go the "Skifta" website for more info (Link Is Above) ....!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skifta also gives you Online media channels, a added media source, sweet ...!

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Alright, I am trying to understand what you are posting here. Your opinion or someone else's? Didn't you previously indicate Twonky was your favorite DLNA server? I rarely use a server and only use PlayOn when I do but when I acquire a better computer I may expand my use of Google TV with a local network media server.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I use Twonky Beam and Twonky Server with the Vizo Co-Star too, but it's is the overall DLNA/UPNP media device software that works best for/with the Vizio Co-Star is "Skifta" without a doubt ... When it come to playing movies for the best video resolution quality, via your chosen media source or video player, it's "Skifta" ...!

If I wanted to beam media content from my computers or certain websites to my Vizio Co-Star to my TV, I would use Twonky beam .... That's the reason I have both on my home network, they work smooth as silk with the Vizio Co-star ...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012