Quantcast

Sizes And Pricing for Sony Google TV Family Leaked

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by JimMariner, Oct 6, 2010.

1. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

[​IMG]
    Many of our readers out there are pretty excited about the Sony Google TV. We’ve written about it nearly a dozen times and it’s basically a television with an Intel processor and the ability to fully surf the web (including flash sites). There is other compelling features in the service, including access and search video services and direct integration with select service providers. Some of you may secretly cross off days on the calendar till its debut on October 12th. However, your bank account also wonders what the hit will be when you fold on the impulsive desire to get that Internet TV in your bedroom or your den.
    Did you notice our title said Sony Google TV family? Yes, that’s because there will be a few models initally available to choose from. It looks like Sony will be offering 4 different Internet TV’s – 24', 32', 40', and 46' models:

• NSX-24GT1
    • NSX-32GT1
    • NSX-40GT1
    • NSX-46GT1
    As far as pricing of these Sony Google TV, get ready to shell out $1299.99 for the 32' (NSX-32GT1), $1499.99 for 40' (NSX-40GT1) and $1899.99 for 46' (NSX-46GT1). Unfortunately, pricing info was unavailable for 24GT1 model, however we assume it should be under one grand.
    In related news, the widely discussed Sony Internet TV Box, NSZ-GT1, was listed on an internal website and mentions an eject button, WLAN module, and an included HDMI cable. Considering this information, its logical to assume that the eject button is an appropriate mechanism for what we believe is an included Blu-ray player in the device.

Posted by Stan M [​IMG] on October 6th, 2010
    @ Source

2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

As far as "MSRP" prices goes these aren't too far out of whack, but the real question will be what will we see for pricing at Amazon, Best Buy and Fry's.

3. Fanfoot

Fanfoot New Member

Sounds a little on the pricey side. My Samsung 46" LED backlit which has Samsung apps (Vudu, Netflix, Pandora, DLNA...) lists for $1499 and I picked it up at Costco for around $1200. So the Sony 46" model is listing for $400 more in order to get the Sony Brand (always more expensive of course) and the Google TV stuff. Currently the most expensive non-3D 46" LCD TV from Sony lists for $1499. So again this is a $400 premium for the Google TV stuff.

4. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Yeah but GoogleTV is more than just a few apps. Trust me on this. You will see GoogleTV become the next best thing to home entertainment since the TiVO was first introduced.

5. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

I don't think that's bad pricing at all. I have a Sony LCD TV right now and been looking to upgrade. I'd really like something 55" or bigger though..

6. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

There has been a pricing correction on the Sony 46" Google TV!

Now that's not bad at all!

7. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I just read that Sony's will be the first GTV's you can actually buy. The Revue is still a week or more away.

8. Karen

Karen New Member

I can't find the thread right now, but didn't somebody mention the Sony Blu-ray player with GTV for $399? I am always afraid of double whammy devices (though I do need a Blu-ray). Takes me back to the old VCR + TV combo. One or the other is sure to malfunction.

9. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

$Sony_NSX-24GT1remote_med.jpg

Featuring four LCD HDTVs with Google TV built-in, the Sony Internet TV line includes the 24-inch class NSX-24GT1 ($599.99), the 32-inch class NSX-32GT1 ($799.99), the 40-inch NSX-40GT1 ($999.99), and the 46-inch NSX-46GT1 ($1,399.99).

Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc Player

The Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc™ player with Google TV built-in, NSZ-GT1 ($399.99), also allows users to enjoy all of the powerful features of Google TV on their existing HDTV.

Sony Internet TV and the Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc Player are currently on pre-sale at Sony Style USA | Sony VAIO® Computers | Sony Consumer Electronics and Best Buy: Electronics, Appliances, Cell Phones, CDs, DVDs & More. They will be available for purchase at Sony Style on October 16 and at Best Buy shortly after.

Sony Electronics News and Information

10. Karen

Karen New Member

11. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member