Quantcast

Sirius App Checking For Updates

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by lardo5150, Jan 5, 2012.

1. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

When side loading the sirius app, it says can not run in portrait mode.
    So I side loaded the orientation control.

I am now able to open the Sirius app, but it does nothing but checking for updates.

I did a little research last night and came across someone trying to put the app on their kindle. Someone mentioned there is a "IMEI number" of some sort on the mobile device that the app looks for to make sure it is a mobile device?
    Does that make sense?

I am assuming there is no way around this. has anyone dealt with this, maybe not with the sirius app specifically, but with another app?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) code is more or less a serial number for any equipment that participates on a Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) or Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) network. If they are requiring it then it is probably meant to minimize the number of people "sharing" accounts. Best thing for you do to is contact them and request a Google TV optimized app and during the interim use their web app to access their service.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

BOOOOOO!

Thanks though, I will go back to using the web site.

Man you are SUPER smart.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Btw, I'm not any smarter than anyone else on this board. Just had more relative experiences and knowledge that I can draw from to help people on this forum. But, thank you just the same.