Quantcast

Sill no way of playing ISO's?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by lardo5150, Nov 20, 2011.

1. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

So, been searching on the forums.
    I see you can play vob's by changing to mov, but most of my movie files/backups are iso's.

Is there still no way of playing these?

If so, what has everyone done to get around this? Did you covert somehow?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, renaming them from VOB to MPG will work since the VOB file container is an MPEG container which typically has MPEG2 streams.

I doubt that ISOs are ever going to be supported. Don't get me wrong, its a great disc image archive that can encapsulate many type of file systems, directories, files, and streams. But, its a poor container for simple multimedia playback. Besides, without NDK compatibility on Google TV, Android Developers are not able to recompile libavformat (file containers) and libavcodec (audio/video streams) from ffmpeg like they do with their applications for the Android Phone and Tablets to provide wider format compatibility than what Honeycomb supports natively (Supported Media Formats - Google TV Android Developers Guide - Google Code).

You can always use Format Factory, AVS Convertor or just about any multimedia conversion tool to convert your ISOs into a compatible format that Google TV supports.

3. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

you=awesome

I will look into those suggestions

• Like Like x 2
  4. lardo5150

lardo5150 New Member

I tried your format factory, and like it, but I noticed I converted to mp4, and when viewing the details of the files in the folders, this file says mp4 audio file, and is twice the size of the others. It will start to play, then stop, then play for a few seconds, then stop. Almost like it is having trouble streaming it. Most of my movies are 1 to 1.5g in size, and play fine. This thing is 3g in size.

How should I set the convert? Or is it a network issue?