Quantcast

Signature restriction

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by qw545, Jul 29, 2011.

1. qw545

qw545 Member

I recently made an addition to my Google TV set-up, so I decided to update my signature to reflect those additions. It was then that I learned that my signature had been erased due to the fact that I am an infrequent poster to this forum and my total posts were under the 15 post minimum to have a signature included. I imagine there are good reasons for that, but my signature only listed my set-up. It's not like I'm a new member of the forum as I've been using this forum since November of last year when I bought my Sony 46 inch Google TV. The idea of using the signature space to include your individual set-up makes a good deal of sense since it allows others to know what you're using which is important when discussing issues related to the system. Newer or infrequent posters are going to be less familiar to the forum membership and therefore, to a greater extent than veterans, need to make their set-up particulars known. Maybe there could be a form to fill out which would allow for those with less than 15 posts to specifically include set-up info (and only that info) in their posts. This would also encourage the more active posters to do the same so that we all can be operating with all the pertinent info.

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

qw545,

I am not quite sure why or what happened...
    I will investigate, and let you know as soon as I found out myself..

3. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

Since spammers have been trying to spam us, we put in a modification that does not allow you to have a signature until you have 15 posts... your only 2 away and it should show up. Hope you understand.

4. qw545

qw545 Member

I've added a couple of posts so that I'm now over the limit. I figured spamming was the concern, that's why I suggested having some kind of standardized form which would only allow system set-up information. This information is quite valuable and you often see replies to posters that don't include this info to elaborate on what they're using to provide useful responses.

5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I wish more people would fill out there signatures as I am tired of trying to figure out what model or make of google tv the person has when they just say I got a google tv and need help, etc :)