Quantcast

Sidereel?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Bdad, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Bdad

Bdad New Member

Anyone have experience with Sidereel? As we get ready to exit satellite and move strictly to OTA + Internet we're trying to figure out what networks and shows are accessible via the web. Saw Sidereel and it looks interesting.

Would appreciate comments not only about SR but other content as well.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The thing about Sidereel is that it has links to lots of TV Shows/movies from Networks and Hulu that block Google TV. So I find it to be rather frustrating........

The following thread should give you a good start and offers some tips:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/vizio-co-star/6294-newbie-gtv-needs-costar-help.html

My recommendation is to check out the link in my sig (see below) for bookmarks to all the TV station web sites that will work with GTV (and a lot of other content). Also check out the "Project Free TV" thread and the "Free American TV Channel" thread (in the general section of the forum) - for some interesting links to content that works with GTV.

Tip: To get the most availability from TV station web sites - change your GTV Chrome user agent to "generic" instead of "default". Also you can stream Hulu and some blocked networks on GTV via dlna if you download the Playon software to a computer.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. Bdad

Bdad New Member

Thanks for the note. I had seen one of your other posts with the link to the Symballoo page which I actually have open in my browser. A couple of questions if I might:

1) When I switch over to OTA/Internet I will be using a PC downstairs and the C-Star upstairs. If I open your Symbaloo page and click on one of the icons I assume I can then watch any of the availalbe episodes on the site it takes me to.

2) Any reason not to sign up for a Symbaloo free account (it prompts me when I click one of the links)

3) Should I transfer your links to my own Symbaloo page or will you keep yours updated for a time?

Finally, if there are any other suggestions they are appreciated. I assume that, on a PC, one can use any browser if they are not using Co-Star/Chrome, to open any of the sites.

Note: Since this post I've been playing with copying existing icons to a page I set up. Interesting so far. thanks for the lead!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

1) Yes last I checked all of the tiles on my Symbaloo web mix lead to sites with videos that are compatible to GTV. Sometimes web sites make changes and YouTube content gets taken down - so occassionally you might run across some videos that don't play. The important thing is to make sure that you change your GTV Chrome user agent to "generic" (in order to be able to access more videos). The sites will work with your computer also.

2) I think signing up for a free Symbaloo account is a good idea.

3) I'll try to keep mine updated - but ideally I really think the best way is to create your own personal webmixes. That way you can have that extra nice touch of customizing them to exactly the way that you want.

4) I don't own a PC - but Yes I see no reason why the webmixes/bookmarks wouldn't work on a PC.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012