Quantcast

Sick of it!!!

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by ebp, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ebp

ebp New Member

Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit?

I own a first generation Sony GTV and specifically remember the ad tag of "you won't be left behind"... Ha! I first put up with content blocking by providers and that was OK, I guess... But now that Google is no longer supporting first generation GTV even with their own websites... and nearly all flash based sites are nonfunctional, I can't help but think I've been bamboozled! I've only owned my set for less than two years!!!

Honestly, I just want my money back so I can get a dumb monitor and hook it up to an Apple.

everyone listen; GTV SUCKS! DON"T BUY INTO IT!!!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think this is probably the best place to try to gather participants for a class action lawsuit but I don't believe there is a good case against Google or Sony although I am certainly not an attorney. As far as the claim that most flash based sites are not functional, I know that is nonsense since I use a first gen Google TV device almost daily, almost none of the sites I have used are no longer working because the site requires an Adobe Flashplayer version greater than 10.2, in other words almost all still work. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't true to state almost all Flash based sites you use are not functional. Even if none are functional, I don't believe that would be a good reason for a cause of action against Google or Sony. I also don't see how some sites blocking Google TV is going to win a big judgment against either company.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I agree that it is very frustrating that Google's own sites such as YouTube and Gmail aren't functioning properly with GTV. All of the other major video sharing services such as Vimeo, AOL On, Yahoo Screen, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc work just fine with the GTV chrome browser. How ironic is it that Google's own YouTube site is a mess both with Chrome and even the app. It's no wonder that GTV sales continue to slide into the abyss.....

4. astraclub

astraclub New Member

I am in the same train, Bought it on first day of launch and started having problems within first month. I also want my money back.
    The concept was so good that it had potential to kill all other TV. Google should have put more functions into it but I only have this feeling now
    "I am left behind" :-(