Quantcast

Show recording...

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by ksuflyguy09, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ksuflyguy09

ksuflyguy09 New Member

Am I able to connect a external hard drive and use that as a "DVR." My reason is I dont have cable just the basic 2-20 channels and would like to set recordings.

If this feature isnt available, does anyone know if the new system update supposidly coming in September will offer this? or are there any other ways to record shows or do we need Dish?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No. At the moment the only compatibility with the USB storage is to read multimedia files for Logitech Media Player

I doubt it. Google hasn't allowed developers access to the LiveTV stream, and its been a big to do on the Android Developer group. This probably has to do with HDMI/HDCP restrictions, so I doubt it'll be available anytime soon.

However, you aren't limited to Dish to record shows. You will need some sort of external DVR device, since all Revue does is initiate recordings through the device. If you don't have already have a DVR, then you may consider looking at the Channel Master CM-7000PAL which is an Over the Air ATSC/Clear QAM DVR with HDMI outputs.