Quantcast

Should we be concerned about the quality of the 3.1 update?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by drdigital1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. drdigital1

drdigital1 New Member

Like all of you, I’ve been waiting anxiously for the update. I haven’t gotten it yet but I have read feedback from those got it. While the feedback from Sony users is largely positive, it seems to me that the Revue upgrade is plagued with problems. Granted, the feedback is limited (with many just reporting “I got it”) but, to me, it is worrisome. I just hope that as the deployment gets more pervasive, solutions and work-arounds will be reported. The alternative i.e., that Revue is worse after the update, is too scary to consider.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If by "largely positive" you mean that only a select number of Sony users have reported and experienced one or more of the following issues.:

• DHCP errors prevent them from obtaining an IP Address
    • WiFi issues prevent them from connecting to an Wireless Access Point or Router
    • Netflix sockets have been broken and do not allow access
    • Various keyboard and application shortcuts are no longer present
    • videos that used to play are no longer compatible
    • unable to install apps from the Android Market

Then sure, I guess the "Sony deployment when smoother than the Revue." So far, Sony has released an update to address the DHCP issue. Nothing much has been heard of the remaining problems.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

the update is just about identical to the sony one.. the only thing im a little ticked about is the spotty flash support but thats pretty much the vids sites not willing to upgrade their players flash.. i think.. but i dunno.. i think most folks are just daunted by all the new stuff.. and dont know where to begin.. at least thats how i feel..
    the old 2.1 was way less detailed so less to worry about.. this new stuff is a bit of a learning curve..

mho..

4. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

I have not got my update yet, but i would imagine that the Flash Problem is centered around You Tube Videos. Has anybody successfully tried the HTML5 Player on there Google Tv's, Sony, or Revue Box's yet? I will be trying this as soon as i get my Update.

5. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

Should we be concerned about the quality of the 3.1 update?

I have been wondering the same thing. It seems like the update is positive but there in much info yet on the pro's and con's yet.

6. caboclipper

caboclipper New Member

I have two logitech revue with google tv.
    One of them has the update already.

So far so good. I would say great !!!
    wifi ok
    netflix ok
    internet browsing ok
    amazon video on demand ok
    interface great

The other one does not have the upgrade yet.

7. acles003

acles003 New Member

I am concerned with the quality of the update. I gave it a few days, disappointed me. Just bought a Roku 2 XD and the revue will be going on eBay. I'm not going to restart a device 3 times each time I use it just to get it to work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk