Quantcast

Should I Junk My NSZ-GS7?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by goofeyfoot, Mar 6, 2016.

1. goofeyfoot

goofeyfoot New Member

Hello. I have the above device which won't let me update apps. Is this thing dead? Should I junk it? Only thing that works is Netflix which I don't need.

Thanks.

Michael

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I still use mine, YouTube (ver. 4.4.1), IMDb, Netflix, Frequency, Chrome, PlayOn, and Plex are the apps I primarily use. The old YouTube app never shows ads so I am not sure how much longer Google will allow me to use it. A couple of apps I liked that were killed including Amazon Instant Video did reduce its usefulness for me but Google TV is still a good fit with TiVo, covering must everything I need when used together.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

4. malaugh

malaugh New Member

I finally broke down and junked my Gs7. Nothing worked anymore. My main use was Youtube, and the updated version was junk, Plex was the only thing I was still happy with. I replaced i with a Gbox Q, together with a Aerb air mouse. It runs all the Android apps in the store, and the air mouse makes it much easier to navigate. Not sure if the Gbox is the best android TV box, maybe the NVidia shiled is better, but I am happy I switched.

5. Johnnyroyal

Johnnyroyal New Member

Besides the positives mentioned by ChrisG8 The main reason I am keeping my GS7 is for the bluetooth capability. Using this my set of Parrot ZIK Bluetooth headphones and the passthrough HDMI means I can get excellent stereo bluetooth sound for any of my other devices be it Cable box TV, Playstation Gaming, Apple TV etc. Great when you have babies asleep upstairs. I was also able to hook it up to a projector and use Plex for movies and bluetooth the audio to a bluetooth reciever for ceiling speakers to create a little mini cinema. You just have to be inventive! :)

Everyone should also sign this SONY, as you don't support NSZ-GS7/8 Google TV anymore, please allow us to unlock it

• Like Like x 1