Quantcast

should i get a logitech revue???

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by npowers86, Oct 30, 2011.

1. npowers86

npowers86 New Member

so i was needing some advice on what i should purchase. now that i have seen the new honeycomb update i am seriously considering the logitech revue for 99 dollars. i was previously about to get the boxee box but now that the logitech is cheaper and has honeycomb coming im interested. is this a good purchase? i have charter tv, will this work well with charter? also can i stream my movies to the revue? and the last most important is apps. i watch alot of podcast networks like Revision 3 and TWIT. are these available in hd on google tv? thanks!!

2. rajesh78

rajesh78 New Member

yes you should get it! if you know what & where your looking for you dont need any tv subscription.

3. futuregerald

futuregerald New Member

it's actually a solid companion box with an existing cable/fiber/satellite connection. In fact if you plan on cutting the cord then I'd argue that in it's current state the Roku gives you access to more content. Until Google TV adds a hulu app or at the very least Hulu site support there is no way it can replace many of the other boxes out there as being a cord cutting alternative. That being said I LOVE my revue and think it's a great product, it also has benefits over devices like the roku including dlna support. Once the 2.0 update comes it'll be an even more awesome device and different enough from devices like the apple tv and roku that I wouldn't necessary recommend one over the other since you'd probably get one if you are looking for something different. The strange thing is that the Google TV is a device you don't realize you want until you have it. a lot of the functionality is simply unique to it including the combination of the web and tv. For instance My wife is watching something ridiculous using picture and picture as I browse this forum on my Google TV. Funny that I do this considering I have two great laptops, high end android phone and Android tablet.