Quantcast

Should Google tv be on all day long?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by mdovell, Apr 16, 2012.

1. mdovell

mdovell New Member

I ask this because a volume issue has come up. Sometimes the volume goes crazy. Normally I have it on 10 but it can skyrocket to 100. Going down brings it to 0.
    I tried to think this was the tv but yet when I reset the google tv box it went back to normal.

Now it isn't that big of an issue to reset the box but I find it odd that it would override the audio controls on the tv. I recently updated to high speed hdmi cables but I doubt it would be the cause.

2. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Any chance it's the remote? Any other HDMI connected devices potentially causing this? Are you using anything like the VeraLink? I think changing the cables is a good idea for a test. If you could connect it to a different TV altogether and test that would probably be good as well.

3. mdovell

mdovell New Member

I don't think it is the remote as the google tv keyboard has volume controls and I also use a cable remote that is programmed for the tv which leads me to think it is the tv. But I find it odd in that resetting the google tv fixes it. In selecting the inputs on the tv it also goes a bit wild. I don't think I'm using veralink. The only hdmi hookups are the cable box and the google tv.

I have them separate because earlier it seemed like operations were slower, resolution a tad lower and volume lower when I had it hooked up from cable box to google to the tv. It is not that big of a deal for me because I don't use that much of the guide functions.