Quantcast

short cuts

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by kavaja, Nov 3, 2011.

1. kavaja

kavaja New Member

There use to a setting to make short cuts, but I cant find it, all I can find is clear short cuts. Does any one know how to set them up.

2. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

same problem for me..even the old shortcuts aren't working anymore.

3. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Use the key that looks like a star on the keypad for shortcuts.

Websites will be stored as bookmarks in chrome and channels will be saved into favorites and have an option to save them as a shortcut in all apps.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, you can just use the long key press on the respective bookmark. It will bring up a context menu for its options.

5. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

See the section about bookmarks/shortcuts:

Exploring Google TV - Google TV Help

6. kavaja

kavaja New Member

I am not trying to create short cuts for web sites, but for my apps, like it was before

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Keyboard Shortcuts for Application? If you're referring the [Search]+[A-Z, 0-9] combinations then I believe that was not included with this version. One of my biggest complaints about this version is that they seemed to have used the Phone/Tablet interface and ripped out all of the handy keyboard shortcuts and customizations which made using a keyboard with Android a friendly user experience.

8. jcstarr

jcstarr New Member

Yes, I'm quite aggravated that I lost my app shortcuts! Those shortcuts were very convenient!

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Not being able to use [Ctrl]+[Enter] in the search bar to go directly to a website just chaps my hide.

10. Ironman

Ironman New Member

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a "bookmark" to the home menu for Input 4 (Sony)....the old bookmark used to work great....now when you follow the instructions, the only option is to add a TV channel to the home screen.....GRRRRRRR...... I should have cancelled the 2.0 update!

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can't add bookmarks to the Home Bar. You can only exchange the apps from the All Apps drawer with the ones that you don't use on the bar.

Now when you're in Live TV those bookmarks are now called "Favorite Channels" which are initiated by either the GTV Menu (four vertical lines) or the GTV Bookmark (star symbol) button.

12. Ironman

Ironman New Member

understood....that's why the Bookmark was in quotes...... The old home screen allowed a shortcut to any/each of the four video inputs on the Sony TV. Now the 2.0 home screen won't allow shortcuts to anything other than a channel or an app. Seems odd that an app would be required to switch to a DVD player connected to the TV...... CLUNKY...... The GTV knows what input it is on....why it brings up the same tv channel lineup to select the item to favorite or add to the home screen for all inputs makes no sense.....!!!

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Wait, wha... Why do you have to use an app or bookmark at all? Why don't you just use the input button on the remote?

14. Ironman

Ironman New Member

Uh.....the same reason I don't want to have to manually enter digits for a "favorite" channel. My kids knew how to go "home" and select a bookmark. Simple. Now....there's one sequence for TV. a different sequence for inputs....etc. stupid. Sorry this is too complex for you.

15. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is not complex at all. I just wanted to understand the reasoning for not using the physical button remote. Axiomatically, if they're intelligent enough to understand the process of pushing the "GTV Home" button and selecting the an appropriate bookmark, then expecting them to press the "INPUT" button and selecting the correct input wouldn't be a far reach for them. I apologize if I have misunderstood the situation.

I also don't understand how using the INPUT button being any different to choose the Built-in tuner or an HDMI input because it is the same. I can entertain that the fact which by the "Live TV" app or "TV" button on the remote brings up the user selected default input whether it is the Built-in Tuner or any one of four the HDMI inputs.

16. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

So is it official that there is no way to do shortcuts? I would like to use the tv & movies app more, but it's annoying that it's 4 clicks away. I want to make a shortcut for it, but it looks like that is no longer possible?

17. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is only two clicks away (GTV Home then mouse click), if you place it on the application dock of the Home launch bar or place it in the area above with a widget, like Multicon. But, yes there currently isn't a way to create an keyboard shortcut to launch an application.