Quantcast

shockwave flash crashed

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by kevin.kuei.0321, Nov 2, 2011.

1. kevin.kuei.0321

kevin.kuei.0321 New Member

Hi,

I just get upgrade of my sony blu-ray set-top box on 2011/11/3.
    When I tried its Chrome 11 browser to access our website , it said the shockwave Flash plug-in crashed after a few operations..

This can be reproduced all the time.
    Anybody have idea??

BTW, is any way to have debug console like firebug??

Cheers,

KevinKuei

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Flash is a little more stable but it is still prone to crashes. This is pretty much commonplace for Adobe and Flash. Probably the most stable implementation of Flash is on Windows PC.

3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

i have yet to have a flash crash.. could some one post up a crash prone link.. i have been to sites which over loaded the screen with vids and just bogged down the revue to where i would need to reboot.. but not a crash as such..

4. Fone_Fanatic

Fone_Fanatic New Member

have you tried typing in "about:debug" in chrome?
    Just got my update now but before the update flash would constantly crash!

5. kevin.kuei.0321

kevin.kuei.0321 New Member

Hi,

Here is the URL which will cause flashplayer plug-in crashed.
    http__:__//alpha.9x9.tv (plz remove the two "__")

This site uses youtube chromeless player (via youtube player javascript API).
    You can press "<" | ">" | "^" | "V" buttons to flip channel & video clips then it will see the crash.

I really hope any of Google/YouTube/Adobe engineer can see my problem.

6. DrewMotz

DrewMotz New Member

I have had several of my favorite internet radio sites crash on me after the update, (didn't happen before). In particular IheartRadio, AM1130 out of Minneapolis, MN.

Also crashes flash player 100% when trying to view GBTV, (GlennBeckTV). GBTV was the reason I bought the SonyGTV ~2months ago in the first place, (should have gone Ruku?). But it worked fine before the Honeycomb update. Now I get nothing but a puzzle-piece with sad face instead of GlennBeck! (Ok, I know that some of you are thinking what's the difference.:p)

From what I can see, the new Chrome browser has build in Flash 10.2..... What was the latest Flash version before the Honeycomb update? Did we go backward??!??

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Flash is built into the OS not the browser, but yeah... the original release of Google TV had Flash 10.1 Adobe isn't a company that maintains a universal platform roll out. So, expect Flash platforms other than Windows and Mac to be a few revisions behind.

8. DrewMotz

DrewMotz New Member

Well whatever the Flash revision was before the update, 10.1; for me and some other folks out there, it was MUCH better than after the update with 10.2.
    I actually cannot watch the primary program I bought the GTV box for after the new update, but it was working fine prior to the update. (( UUUggggghhhh! ))

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

What is the primary program, if I may be so bold to ask?

10. DrewMotz

DrewMotz New Member

The primary reason I bought the GTV box, (Sony Blue Ray came along for the ride), was to be able watch GBTV (Glenn Beck TV) program. GBTV video worked fine before the Honeycomb update, but now all I get when I launch GBTV video is the sadface puzzlepiece. Otherwise I could have bought a Roku.

Updates shouldn't break things. Did we really get a flash update from 10.1 to 10.2, I thought the Sony boxes previously had 10.3? (Maybe I'm dreaming.)

11. DrewMotz

DrewMotz New Member

Update: I did a complete restore to factory defaults reset last weekend. ((I have issues with the GTV finding my network after reboot, but so still working that, but that I think is a separate issue)). Immediately after the reboot, (after finding the network), many of the apps had updates, (I don't remember seeing Chrome or Flash being one them), and then even on Sunday some apps updated again.

Anyway, I tried GlennBeck again late last night, and it worked without flash crashing, so the flash bug was either effected by the reset, or is just not crashing 100% of the time on Glenn Beck as I originally thought.
    Thanks for helping.

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome, I guess. Though you figured it out on your own accord. Kudos to you for that.