Quantcast

Shockwave Crashing

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Aviar, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Aviar

Aviar New Member

Hey all, new to the forums and google tv, but so far I really am pleased with the Revue. One of the things I have noticed when watching a stream from Gamebreaker.tv, it appears that I always get a Shockwave crash about 10-15 minutes into a show. It looks like it is downloading the whole show while I am watching it, and I am wondering if this is the Revue just running out of memory and hanging. What I have been doing is watching the first 10 - 15 minutes of a show, then having the Revue lock up or reboot and then I start the video about 15 minutes in, and it seems to be fine.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen on any other streams. This is one of the few streams I am watching that is shockwave I think.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I did a forum search and saw something mentioned in the Sony TV section about a shockwave crash but that was about 4 months ago.

2. Rarefaction

Rarefaction New Member

Yeah, I'm new as well and found many people having the same issue from post dated back from February. It's the reason I searched for this forum to begin with. Never needed it until now. I have an identical problem to yours. I listen to slacker radio for hours on end through my tv and have been for 6 months with no problems. Now, for the past 3 weeks I get the "shockwave plug-in crash" after about 20 minutes of playing. Google TV locks up and I have to re-boot only for it to happen again within the same time period. I have yet to find if there's a solution and will gladly re-post if I find one. I can't even get facebook to display now either....weird!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that Google TV supports Adobe's Flash not Shockwave. You can tell the difference by clicking on the respective links in the first sentence from your Google TV.