Quantcast

Severe Frame Rate Issues (HDCP Handshaking)

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by kiLLscaLLion, Feb 20, 2012.

1. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion New Member

I just purchased a Logitech Revue and I am experiencing severe frame rate issues with cable TV after 30 minutes or so of the TV running. I am also experiencing a blank gray screen whenever I turn on the TV after a while of leaving it off. Rebooting the Revue fixes the problem temporarily, but I am searching for a permanent solution without having to reboot the Revue every 30 minutes.

I have an Explorer 8300 set-top box from Time Warner Cable connected to my Revue through HDMI, which is then connected to a Samsung PN59D8000 through HDMI. I called Logitech tech support and they informed me that it is a HDCP handshaking issue and my only option is to replace the set-top box (although they had no idea which set-top box I should replace it with). They said I needed a set-top box with HDCP disabled, but I don't think there are any out there these days with it disabled. I have tried outputting different resolutions from the set-top box such as 720p and 1080i to no avail. I have Anynet on my Samsung turned on. I have the screen saver and the screen off timeout on my Revue turned off.

Does anyone have ideas? I should note that whenever I start up my Revue it gives me a "Process System is not Responding" error, but all functions seem to be normal, so no idea what that is related to.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I suggest you try a full factory reset.

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Assuming you running GTV 2.0 (honeycomb 3.1)

• STB ask for > Motorola DCX3200/P2 (Provision 2) or DCX3400.
    • Turn “OFF” “Anynet” (temporarily).
    • HDMI Cable – click here
    • & Try this – click here

Good Luck

4. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion New Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. Would Samsung boxes work? Unfortunately, my cable provider does not have Motorola set-top boxes. More specifically, they have the Samsung 3090 and the 3270.

And do you mean a full factory reset on the Revue? I tried it with my set-top box already.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes try a full reset of the Revue. Keep in mind that this will erase your bookmarks unfortunately. When your Revue is saying "Process System Not Responding" - I think this (reset) is something that might fix the issue. No guarantees though. But IMO it's worth a try. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I was told by someone that if you go to your settings and check the box that says: "Sync browser bookmarks with your Google account" - that this will enable you to retrieve your bookmarks if you do the full factory reset. I haven't actually tested how it works though.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I didn't try Samsung 3090/3270 - but, they should work (based on other users comments) & handle "HDCP" better than the E8300.

Btw, did you get the chance to try?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion New Member

I just swapped out my cable box for the Samsung 3090, and it looks like everything is working well so far! Turns out Scientific Atlanta has some serious compatibility issues with the Revue (a note to all Time Warner Cable customers out there).

I have also ordered a new HDMI cable and will be swapping out the HDMI cable that came with the Revue as that link recommends.

Should I leave Anynet off? What does it do anyway?

Thanks for all the help.

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

You welcome!

- Leave "Anynet" "OFF" to avoid control-conflict - it enables the control of all HDMI connected (Samsung) devices using the TV's remote control.

- Make sure the new HDMI (two cables) are High-Speed Category 2 Certified.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012