Quantcast

setup problems

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by rlivin, Dec 24, 2012.

1. rlivin

rlivin New Member

I got mine today. Having problems with the ir blaster. I cant get any of my devices to work with the remote. I have a directv reciever, vizio soundbar and samsung tv. And none of them will work with the codes provided. Not sure whats the problem. ANy thoughts?

So far really likeing the sony box better. lol

After 57 minutes with tech support still nothing. The biggest waste of my day! I knew more than they did.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input. Other than the IR blaster problem how does it seem to be working?

I noticed that there are already 2 customer reviews of the Hisense Pulse on Amazon - and one of those reviews also mentioned a problem with the IR blaster. Other than that IR issue they rated it highly (one 4 star and one 5 star review). It's still really early so I'll be watching the reviews as they're posted on Amazon and also elsewhere on the internet.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hisense Pulse with Google TV

3. rlivin

rlivin New Member

To be honest it is very close to the vizio. Its a little faster but i did have problems typing. I would type a letter and nothing then all the sudden it would appear 5 times. I really like a few of the remote features. But even if the ir blaster worked i would still only give this maybe a 3. Thew vizio would be 2 - 2 1/2. Which i no longer have. I conneted my sony gs7 back up and going with it. I give it a strong 4. I really like it much better than the others. The only thing its gonna be missing to me is the mic. But i will get an upgraded remote or use my android phone. They are calling me back thursday the real tech guy will be back to work then. So i will keep it until then and see whats the problem. I may keep it and use another tv. If i can get it to work properly. If i return it i would only replace it with the sony. The gs7 is really is a better made device imo.

4. Scarpad

Scarpad New Member

Got mine today also, No IR Blaster in the box, Netflix does not run, Instructions are terrible, Hate to see a Layperson try to set it up.

5. Scarpad

Scarpad New Member

I agree it doesnt seem well put together, I'll probably move it to the basement HT and either go with the Sony or wait for another alternative.

6. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

Scarpad, I am intrigued by the Sony device, but are there rumors of other boxes coming soon? I am using a Windows HTPC setup right now, but I really want to use the Google UI....not sure if it makes sense for me yet.

7. demologik

demologik New Member

I have the Revue, Sony NSZ GS& and now the Pulse.. I can not get the Pulse to sync up with dish so I can not change channels with the Pulse remote.. Alternatively, i had zero issues with setting up the other two boxes to play nice with dish..

8. ogreen

ogreen New Member

I received my Pulse yesterday and was able to easily get the IR to function with my Directv HR-24. I also have a Panasonic receiver and it took a little more to get it working. I had to cycle through several of the codes till I got one to work. I think the option was "Next" or something to that effect. The menu told me that there were 80 possible set of codes to try.

Not sure how much that will help but I would double check what you selected for the cable/dish option.

OG

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I think you may need to stick the “external IR emitter” directly on the STB’s IR-receiver (eye). You may also need two (or 3) way IR emitter (external IR blaster) for the TV (& AVR if applicable).

10. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

I rooted my device and have it all setup but am having an issue with it prompting for updates. I did the GTV hacker script twice but it keeps asking for updates, I cleared the notification and deleted the update file. Is there a way to disable that prompt?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  11. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

12. graken

graken New Member

Hey, I had a similar frustrating experience trying to control my HD TIVO (TCD652160) but after reading a review comment from Amazon I tried shoving and pushing the IR connector into the Pulse jack. Guess what it magically started working fine. I'm happy to report that I'm able to use Pulse with Tivo and OTA. One remaining and very annoying problem is that when I just leave everything running after a while I lose video on the TV (audio is fine). I have to reboot Pulse to get it going again - Very annoying.

13. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I had the same problem. It is your TV failing to maintain the HDMI signal. Try this: Unplug TV/Hisene unit. Remove HDMI cable from Pulse to TV. Reconnect/plug in. Wait a few days. If the problem recurs try turning the TV Off/On. If the video/audio comes back, then this is the fix. After a few times the TV will recognize the Pulse HDMI signals. If not try switching out the HDMI cable.

This is not particular to your device, but simply an HDMI quirk...

Carl

14. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think this is key, I am using an IR emitter, not intended for Google TV with a Sony NSZ-GT1, it just doesn't output as strong a signal as the Revue IR emitter and original Sony IR emitter and I wasn't very happy until I got the emitter placed precisely where it needed to be. Now it works fine but placement of the stock IR emitters from both my Revue and NSZ-GT1 was easier, I placed those where they couldn't be seen instead of precisely in front of and a short distance from the eyes of the devices to be controlled. If the IR emitter with the Hisense Pulse is similar to the ones I purchased, it will be very important to get it placed properly.

15. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

Is there anyway to program the remote with fn commands like the revue. I have two set top boxes and I need it to control both. Thanks

16. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

Is there anyway to program the remote with fn commands like the revue. I have two set top boxes and I need it to control both.

Also can anyone recommend an app that I can install to stop the pulse from asking to update. That option was not disabled during rooting process. Thanks

17. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't have a Pulse and nobody has responded that does but I think so far, no other model has the advanced ability to set up the controller like the Revue. The Harmony technology used with the Revue makes it the best in that regard and we might not see another model that can be as customizable. There may be differences in the new models and one model might be able to do better than the others in that regard and one or more even do what you need but that information isn't clear yet, hopefully someone can address controller setup and help out.

18. thefyn

thefyn New Member

I can't set mine up for a Dish Network Hopper 2000. My previous revue was a breeze compared to this. I emailed tech support so lets see how it does. The remote also seems a little chaotic, and it's touch or go if it will work or I have to wait...then oh look it works again.