Quantcast

Setting Up System With 5.1System-Use Revue Or Sony NSZ-GT1?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by popeye123, Feb 15, 2012.

1. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

Been a while and thought I read that Revue can not do 5.1. Setting up with a Denon receiver. I have both Revue and Sony. Is one better for 5.1 or sound than the other?
    Advice appreciated, thanks!

2. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

I use my Revue with a Yamaha 7.1 AVR using the opticle connection. We watch movies and TV shows from Amazon Prime every day. Works fine.
    No experience with the Sony..
    As for sound quality, that depends on the quality of the source material (and your sound system of course).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I only have the Revue but the Sony NSZ-GT1 handles DTS and possibly some formats not handled by the Revue so I will assume it is to be preferred over the Revue. There is a discussion of the differences here in various threads but the Revue does what I need and I don't recall the specifics.

4. Timber

Timber New Member

I'd use the Sony. It passes through the audio from the set top box without change, so you're receiver can process it. (There is a setting for this) The Revue sends either PCM or Dolby, so if the source changes to stereo, you still get 5.1, but with only two channels have any sound. It kills any processing your receiver could do.