Quantcast

setting up mulitple devices through the IR blaster on Sony GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by tweek, Dec 10, 2011.

1. tweek

tweek New Member

So i recently purchased a 46" GTV. I love it, the sony remote took a little getting used to, but now i am comfortable with it. I used the IR blaster cable to control my slightly older Onkyo receiver and my motorolla cable box. The receiver does not have an hdmi port so I am using fiber cord for the audio.

Anyway, I am trying to see if I can use the remote to control my blue ray player as well. It is a cheaper LG and I am hoping to be able to use one remote for all four items. I am assuming I can pick up another IR blaster cable to put in front of the blueray player. However I do not see how to change to controlling that device on the remote. Primarily power. I do not see a sub button combination for controlling that.

The IR blaster cords have two blasters, so that would make me think we can control four external devices. However I dont know if the remote has that capability.

Anyone have this working with more than two devices?
    How?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The Sony Google TV devices will use the appropriate IR Blaster Code that is configured for each input. I had it working with a Scientific Atlanta 4240HD and a Roku 2 XS. The active IR Blaster code will be the one associated with the respective input of the Live TV app. For example, while I was toggled to HDMI 1 then it would use the IR Blaster Code# 11877 which is for the Scientific Atlanta 4240HD. Toggled to Roku 2 XS on the HDMI 2 input it used the IR Blaster Code# 22731.

As for controlling an AV Receiver independently from the app that you're configuring, notice on the NSG-MR1 that there's a button labeled "AMP" which toggles an orange LED. All the buttons which are silk screened with a little orange dot next to them will control the registered AV Receiver while the orange LED is lit next to the AMP button. This includes the "BD/EXT power button"