Quantcast

Setting up HBO GO account in TV & Movies app...

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by trackezoid, Jan 18, 2012.

1. trackezoid

trackezoid New Member

Hello all,

Question regarding the "TV & Movies" app and setting up the services it can access. For Netflix it picked up my account info immediately and all of the Netflix Watch Instantly library are available through the app, but as far as HBO GO is concerned, nothing shows up. The only way for me to presently access the media they have available is to go through Chrome and log in manually through the web version of HBO GO. Sure would love to be able to have it all in one place as obviously intended, but I can't seem to find anywhere I can alter settings enough to make it happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

-Max

2. trackezoid

trackezoid New Member

I should also probably add that I don't have any ordinary cable service running through my google tv. But I have my direct tv login info and that's how I've been accessing HBO GO through Chrome till now. All the more reason to have my hbo go running smoothly through the TV & Movies app! Thanks guys

3. halox

halox New Member

Lie to your Google TV box and tell it you have cable service running through it and that you receive HBO and all of its subchannels.

Then they'll show up in the "Movies" section like your Netflix releases and whatnot.

HOWEVER - they'll also show up in your "Now Playing" section of your TV & MOVIES APP. You'll obviously have to ignore it there.

4. trackezoid

trackezoid New Member

pardon my apparent ignorance on the subject, but where would one "lie" to ones google tv and do as you say?

5. halox

halox New Member

This should help.

I'm not in front of my Google TV right now, so I can't really give you a lot of details. Basically, you'll have to go into settings and tell it a TV provider ... and then, afterwards, edit the channels you receive. HBO GO is directly tied into that information.

See if you can make it work with this minimal amount of information. If not, I'll be able to look into it when I get back to my box.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Essentially, you'd be adding a pseudo set-top box and making sure to chose the appropirate selections while going through the line provider wizard.

7. atuccio

atuccio New Member

I am new to this and was not sure if My original post went through.
    Just trying to see if anyone got HBOGO to work with TV & Movies App?

I am only currently seeing HBOGO through Chrome Browser?

Thank you

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The TV & Movies app will only provide you with links to the appropriate app/website of the respective content. It's more like a search tool than a media player.

9. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

I have my 40in Sony GTV in the living room configured to use QAM and comcast basic channels (I edited out all the analog channels and duplicate SD digital versions of the HD digital channels). I have 46in Sony XBR 6 TV in the family room connected to a comcast box with HBO, ESPN, Showtime, etc.

When I tell the GTV to use the comcast lineup with ESPN and HBO, HBO shows do not show up as free in the Movies/Show app. I can load the HBO GO shows fine by using chrome. I also tried using dish and direct with HBO but none work. Spotlight also lets me find my HBO GO channels.

Is there anything I can do to make the HBO shows/movies be listed? When I typed 1 and 99 on the GTV the info shows OnDemand with static and when I type 952 the HBO channel it shows No signal. Is what I am doing what you are referring to as a pseudo set-top box?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, did you also tell it that you can get HBO Channel during the provider wizard, and make sure the all HBO channels are enabled in the Live TV app?

11. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

I can not enabled all the HBO channels in the Live TV app. When I set it up I got the basic analog channels plus the QAM channels. I edited the lineup to only show HD QAM channels plus ION and SD local channels that were not in my HD QAM channels. The lineup in Live TV app does not show my HBO channels so their is no way to enable them. I did tell the provider wizard that I got HBO channels. I guess in my case I am stuck with the HBO channels not showing under the free option.

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, the trick is to setup the provider so that it understands you get HBO then enable those respective channels in the Live TV app. This will enable the HBO Go results to appear in either the GTV Search or TV & Movies app.