Quantcast

Setting up AUX

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by mskks64, Dec 31, 2010.

1. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

I have the Sony MHC-EC909iP Mini Hi-fi Music Shelf System:
    Sony Mini Stereo System - Walmart.com
    I run an auxiliary cord from the front of it to my tv and play audio that way for surround sound. Is there anyway I can set up my Sony Google TV remote to beable to turn this on or off? I am a college student and currently on break and am not able to try this myself. I am curious to know if anyone knows if its possible or not

2. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Use the IR blaster, and assign codes for the device. I do the same thing to control my bluray...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

3. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

I don't quite understand what you mean can you explain a little better or a video explaining it? Thanks!

4. danger-rat

There is an IR blaster that comes with the Revue. The blaster takes whatever signals you send via the keyboard, and emits it as an IR signal. If you place the blaster where your audio device can see it, it will respond to those IR signals...

Next, you have to teach the Revue which signals to send. You have to assign IR codes to the keyboard keys. The quirky thing is that the Revue only lets you assign keys for the TV, receiver, or set top box, but if it's just relaying an IR signal, it really doesn't matter which device you assign it for, the blaster just repeats the signal it was taught and any device that recognizes the signal will respond...

I'm not in front of my Revue right now, so you'll have to explore the settings yourself. Try looking under the controller settings to assign keys. The teach IR function is in the menu options, and will guide you through the process...

5. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

Ok well when I get back up to college I will refer to this, I have the Sony Google so will the set up work about the same?

6. danger-rat

Sorry, I know nothing about the Sony devices... :-/