Quantcast

Set Top Box isn't being controlled by my revue/keyboard.

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by blakethomson, Sep 16, 2011.

1. blakethomson

blakethomson New Member

I just got it and finished set up about an hour ago, but I can't access my dvr or control my set top box from my controller. It can't even turn the device off. It can however turn my tv off.

I have the DISH VIP 612 DVR Receiver. It shows the device in my TV Source list.

How do I get this to work?

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try to place the IR Blaster in front of DVR Receiver.

Good Luck!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

A couple things you have to be mindful is that the Dish Network Remotes are set to IR when used with the Logitech Revue. This is because the receiver itself can be setup to accept either RF or IR commands. The other thing that you may have to worry about is the Remote Control addressing of your Dish Receiver and paired remote control. It is possible that your Dish Receiver is only accepting commands from a certain remote address. The Logitech Revue sends out commands as if it were a remote set to address# 1. If your receiver is set to another address then won't accept the commands from the Logitech Revue.

4. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

If you press the menu key twice on your original Dish remote it will bring to to the system screen where you can see what address and what protocol it is currently set to.

For the address hold the sat button till all the mode buttons light up
    Press the record button the the 1 button
    Press record three times it should now say you are at address 1

To change from UHF to IR remove the battery cover
    You will now be able to remove the tab at the bottom
    Flip it over an re insert
    While still in the system screen press record three times and it will be set to receive IR commands.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rocking Honeycomb on the GTV

5. sarreq

sarreq Member

also, if you're using Dish Integration (an extra $4 on your dish bill :( ) you need to make sure your dish and revue are on the same router and subnet, apparently, they didn't think HDMI-CEC was a good enough idea

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

HDMI-CEC is only capable of initiating command triggers of an already CEC capable device. I don't believe any of the current DISH receivers are CEC ready. The other issue is the capability of reading the available recordings on the DVR. This would have required HDMI Ethernet Channel which is a part of the HDMI 1.4 specification not the 1.3a which is the current level of the Revue and probably out of spec for most Dish Receivers.