Quantcast

Set top box detected as tablet, not android TV?

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by adamjackson, Mar 8, 2017.

1. adamjackson

adamjackson New Member

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Bqeel K12 box, but I have a problem. It seems that the hardware is telling Android OS "hey, I am a tablet". Because I own both the Nexus Player and the Nvidia Shield, and on the Bqeel K12:
    - The system UI is completely different (there is a classic Android status bar at the top of the screen for example),
    - The Plex app is completely different too (not the same UI, controls, ...)
    - The same goes for the Play Store (I'm forced to use a trackpad to click on some specific areas, or to scroll down using 2 fingers, etc.)

I think the Play Store is too considering that I have a tablet or something like that, because (for example) I couldn't find "Backdrop" (screensaver) and I had to install it using an APK.

Please, could you explain to me how to make this box identify itself as a *real* Android TV, not a phone/tablet? I'd like the same UI, Play Store, and Plex app as in both the Nexus Player and the Shield.

Thank you all

2. thepineapple

thepineapple New Member

What planet have you been living on?! The garbage Chinese Android TV boxes all have the tablet/cell phone version of Android on them. You're SOL. Buy a Mi box.

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

Try doing a factory reset and see if it helps..

4. thepineapple

thepineapple New Member

It won't. His box is not a Nexus player, Mi Box, or Nvidia Shield. It is running the tablet version of Android, not Android TV.