Quantcast

Set HDMI Default input when turning on Sony Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by marshallsallen, Oct 27, 2011.

1. marshallsallen

marshallsallen New Member

I've had my Sony Google 46" tv for a few months and love it. Only problem is when turning the TV on, it defaults to TV, not to the HDMI input it was last on (which is the input for my Comcast HD box). The result is a few seconds of loud snow since there isn't a cable signal before it auto-mutes.

How do I set the TV to automatically default to HDMI 4 when turning on the TV?

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. stackdaddy

stackdaddy New Member

I have been searching for this also, did you ever find an answer? I don't have cable and I always forget to turn the volume down so it scares the **** out of me every now and again.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You go into GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device control panel. From here it differs between Sony and Logitech's implementation, but you're looking for the "Set as default" option.

By the way, it will default to the GTV Home screen if you do a factory reset and select "I don't have a set-top box" option during the set-up wizard and never go into the TV source control panel after its configured.

4. andy

andy New Member

THANK YOU FOR THE POST!!!! I tripped over a HDMI cable connected to HDMI1 and broke the input...... this will save time and make it a better experience w / xbox one connected to HDMI 3 defaulting when it is turned on..... cheers....