Quantcast

Selection Chime Gone

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gkamieneski, Mar 17, 2013.

1. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Somehow I have managed to turn off the chime the unit sounds when you select an item from the left hand application bar. Couldn't find a fix for this in settings. Anyone know how?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

If memory serves from home>settings>audio. There should be an option for Picture & Sound. Sound Effects should be found there.

3. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

No, nothing there like that under audio. Can you try more than memory? thx

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

It has been taken out this time around (v4.6.0) ...(lol)

5. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I upgraded as soon as I installed the unit and I am pretty sure I had the selection chime long afterwards. Are you being serious?

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Correction the sound effect is still there, go down to the Widget app open it, and open the Add Widget side .... Next click on the menu button on your remote, located on the right hand side of the "V" button ....

Scroll down, click on "Settings" .... Scroll down again, click on "Picture & Sound", scroll down to the Sound area, just below the Volume setting you will see "Sound effects", check mark the block to activate it again .... I believe this is what you are looking for to get your "Beep" sound back ....(l0l):cool:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Carlszone

This is one of the reasons I hate the Vizio Co-Star. While the Home Menu can be brought up from anywhere, the settings area is a mess. Unless ya know what yer looking for and know where to find it, clicking on settings takes ya to Audio that only deals w/AVR settings. Unlike all the other devices, once you are in Settings, ya can easily find Picture & sound.

Vizio is too cute for its own good...

My advice for Vizio users, download the Open Launcher App. Go to System Settings from there. It will display settings as all the other devices display it.

Folks don't want a pretty but complicated Settings interface...

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  8. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Just remember to scroll down, don't stroll. If you walk on your Co Star it may break it. ;)

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Ok, Mr Smart A///, I may have use the incorrect word, but my instructions are on point, 1000% correct, yeah ...! People like you are REAL weak dude, like you are so perfect, dude please ...(l0l):cool:

Concering the settings area on the Co-Star, 98% of Internet streaming media player owners refuse to read the instructions in the user guide manual ... That's not the Co-Star's fault, because people refuse to read the owners manual ...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  10. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Wisdom, thanks for the explanation. It's not very intuitive as I had been there before but couldn't find my way back. Now unfortunately the box next to Sound Effects was already checked. I knew I had not made any changes, the sound just went away. Guess I have a failure with the unit.

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Not necessarily a unit failure, uncheck the block, power cycle your unit. Check mark the block, power cycle your unit again, it should work perfect now ...

• Like Like x 2
  12. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Thanks, that finally did the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  13. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Could not find the way to change the Sound Effects from System Settings on the Open Launcher App. Must be missing something with this interface. I have them both installed now as they each seem to have their own features.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

No, you cannot change it that way ...!

15. Carlszone

Hi

While it may be true that most folks don't read GTV instructions, folks can read it and memorize it. But if the path takes ya down winding curves to get to something as basic as Picture & Sound then it is a few curves too many. Most of the other units have the simple linear path in settings for a good reason. No matter how well ya know the instructions, most things in settings you may never have to go to until a problem occurs. By that time the instructions are usually gathering dust somewhere.

The number one complaint about GTV is that it is too complex for the average user that is used to the simplicity of Roku, DVRs and similar streaming devices. Like it or not it's a point & click world.

Anyway, the statement wasn't a slam on the Co-star, but just an observation of what I disliked w/the unit...

Thanks

Carl

16. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Fwiw, I lost the chime selection sound again. Frankly, I had hardly been using the Co-Star at all and certainly had not been using the settings or doing any customization. I went through the same correction process as above and got the chime back, but there is definitely a bug at work here.