Quantcast

Selecting Files Not Supported

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Jan 11, 2013.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I use a company to receive packages in the United States and then ship them to me in another country. They require a copy of the invoice for customs and will accept the invoice in various formats, such as: PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX and others. When I go to this company's website to check if I can possibly get by with a Cut/Copy/Paste, the message that I get is: "Selecting Files Not Supported". I'm using a Logitech Revue.

Is there an application of some sort whereby I could cut/copy/paste an invoice and have it converted to one of the acceptable formats?

How about Open Office?

2. guest

guest Active Member

Here's a possible solution to this issue. Online pdf converter
    The user has two options: Click File (to convert an existing file, but since Google TV doesn't support "Files", that option won't work) or enter a URL (and have the URL converted to a PDF or other type document). That second option is a possibility.

So to replay the scenario: 1) one purchases something on Amazon, 2) one accesses the purchase invoice on Amazon, 3) cut/copy/paste the invoice 4)?

I need to find a spot on the web where I can cut/copy/paste the invoice and receive a URL for it. That will solve the problem. Then, I just enter the URL here Online pdf converter . They will e-mail the PDF. This is an ad-supported service.

Do they call what I'm looking for a "web hosting service"?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

4. guest

guest Active Member

I appreciate your help, but I don't see how that possibly solves this problem. I just signed up for a free website at Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting , but I'm not finding it that simple to use.

To recap, I need to generate a URL for a webpage which contains an invoice which I cut/copied/pasted to it. I can't use Amazon's URL, which contains the invoice, as it is password-protected. Once I have the URL, I can convert that URL to a PDF and have the PDF sent to me in an e-mail.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I was thinking that you could use the link extractor to get the URL of your invoice from your source (Amazon) - but now I realize it probably won't work with a password protected site.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  6. guest

guest Active Member

As you can see here, Online pdf converter , clicking "Choose File" will display the message "Files Not Supported". Does an application exist that can provide the needed support?