Quantcast

Seeking info about the pre-honeycomb features (missing)

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by pfisher, Nov 3, 2011.

1. pfisher

pfisher New Member

I am really bugged and request help. I just ran the honeycomb update tonight on my Sony gTV and am sorely missing an "app" or site I believe was in the spotlight section (or maybe was under sony recommends). I would swear it isn't there now but cannot remember its name although before I used it frequently. I have looked on the web quite a lot tonight for info for what if anything was dropped with the update but cannot find a list.

Does anyone out there have a list of the apps that came with the sony units before honeycomb?

This was a music channel that enabled the user to pick a genre and listen seemingly endlessly. It was not Pandora.

Any help would be appreciated. I even considered reverting just to find its name (then would re-upgrade), only to realize that isn't possible. I'd call Sony but their support of the device is deplorable.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you're talking about an actual app then I think you might be talking about Qrocity? It's there only its now called "Sony Entertainment Network".

Otherwise the Spotlight gets its content information from an Google RSS feed which provides URL links to different websites which have been enhanced for TV. So, the information is the same regardless if you're on the update or not.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  3. pfisher

pfisher New Member

Thanks, eferz. I'm sure it wasn't Qriocity. I am thinking it was in the spotlight section and likely was simply a shortcut to a web site geared toward the gTV platform. My impression from what I have read is nothing was removed. But I think that may be wrong.

4. daddypants

daddypants New Member

was it Tune in or Vevo?