Quantcast

Seeder APK

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by chopper, Jan 7, 2013.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Testing this tonight on my Revue! It is supposed to speed up Android, some say it's not the real deal, some say it's a security black hole! Use at your own risk!

Article with download link for this APK: http://pocketnow.com/2013/01/05/entropy-seeder-for-speed

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Chopper I think that you posted the wrong video?

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Thanks Cat! I will fix that! Well so far I have to give this a mixed review on my Revue! At first it slows down GTV upon reboot, then Chrome page scrolling up, down, left and right is much much faster. However, when I put this through the paces and started running a bunch of Apps and switching back and forth and using some bandwidth mt Revue crashed!

So I will test the App again with the rngd thingy set to off! Bingo, this appears to work very well now upon my initial testing!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  4. chopper

chopper Active Member

Nearly a full day into testing this APK and I must say it works! My Revue is a lot zippier now. So much so that it fells like I went from Windows 98 to XP for those of you who suffered through the Win 98 blue screen of death issues as I did.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tye

Tye Member

How is the stability, Chopper?

6. CatfishRivers

Chopper I downloaded version 1.2 on my Revue.

I got it to open OK - however it says that the app cannot start working because my Revue is not rooted and this app requires root access to work.

Is your Revue rooted? How did you get this to work?

I notice no difference - I'm thinking that it's not doing anything on my Revue.

7. CatfishRivers

Hmmm. I've been surfing around a bit more with Chrome browser and things do seem to be a bit snappier. Thanks Chopper!

8. chopper

chopper Active Member

Ok, it was a bit tricky to get it working on my Revue! First, follow the links to the download, 2nd clicking on the downloaded APK did not actually install it for me. So used a file explorer app to find the downloaded APK and clicked on it to install (I think it was in the downloads folder). Just be sure to leave that optional setting to OFF and place a check mark for launch this App automatically upon rebooting your device. Hit ctrl-alt-del! Your now good to go! So now, it's been about 24hrs and my revue has not crashed or needed a re-boot ! A couple of individual Apps have crashed mind you but the user experience is vastly improved on my box for sure!

9. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

Totally agree... This definitely helped while browsing, like night and day.

Jeff

10. chopper

chopper Active Member

Improved by leaps and bounds on the Revue! It would be interesting to hear from users of G2 devices who try this?

11. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I don't have this app installed. But I do have Ram Booster installed. Which was talked about in another thread. I wonder how this compares. Though I'm not saying the ram booster hasn't helped. It has tremendously!

12. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Would interested in knowing how well it works on NSZ-GT1 & NSZ-GS7. Also if prevents Flash from crashing as often.

13. chopper

chopper Active Member

Ram booster worked for me for while but this is in another league as far as how it improves my Revue!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  14. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I guess I will check it out then.

15. chopper

chopper Active Member

I think catfishrivers had posted that one and he has tested and given the thumbs up to this one too! I have not hit ctrl-alt-del on my Revue in nearly 48hrs now which is unheard of in my house!!!

16. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

My wife and I are planning a trip to NC OBX and looking at a ton of possible rentals. Before installing the seeder app chrome was slow. I have cache cleaner and advanced task killer. I have used neither of these since installing seeder. I was skeptical too and have been following this on xda developer's, it works.....

Jeff

17. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

im testing this on the G1 first gen sony blu ray player.. so far it really seems to boost the speed.. im not sure i understand why.. and i hope that the machine cpu is not being overtaxed.. but it feels like its overclocked a bit which may be a good thing.... so far,,
    i have tested it on
    Plex a good 3 seconds faster in refresh
    Channel 1 app much better scroll
    navix app (see above)
    and just browsing high flash sites.. and i cannot crash it... i like a good deal better then memory manager... will keep trying to wreck it... but so far its really nice...

18. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

I'm testing the seeder app with ram booster on my Sony nsz-gs7. Chrome crashed once where the system rebooted. Though after that everything has been running pretty smooth.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

19. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

There is not much options in that seeder app. Its just Enable RNGD entropy seeder and Start automatically on boot.

Does anyone think I should just have Seeder installed or Seeder + Ram Booster installed?

Running on a Sony NSZ-GT1

20. chopper

chopper Active Member

Just finished installing and uninstalling Ram Booster after testing Seeder on it's own. My experience was that Seeder on it's own was a lot faster. Perhaps the two Apps don't work well together or perhaps Ram Booster was actually turning off Seeder and I was losing it's benefits. I did all this testing without re-booting my Revue but it got so bad at one point that I almost rebooted. As soon as I removed the Ram Booster App mt Revue recovered it's speed without a reboot!