Quantcast

Second remote for google tv?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by wrenwren8, Feb 29, 2012.

1. wrenwren8

wrenwren8 New Member

Hi. My husband and I would like to get a second remote for our google tv so we each have one. It is my understanding that I could not simply purchase another remote as only one will pair with the tv at a time. If this is so, are there any universal remotes that will work with this tv?

2. sjsaliba

sjsaliba New Member

There is an Android app, Able Remote, that allows an android phone to act as a GTV remote. I am not sure if there is one for an iphone or ipad.

3. halox

halox New Member

You could get the logitech mini-remote. I have it for Revue and like it a lot. It's nice that it's backlight so you can see in the dark.

Logitech Revue Mini Controller

Shop around, you should be able to get it for under $100 (I got mine for $50, but that was a steal).

According to the logitech forums, it (for most functions) works on your Sony TV. Revue Mini Controller & Keyboard cross-compatibili... - Logitech Forums

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  4. wrenwren8

wrenwren8 New Member

Thank you for the responses. I unfortunately do not have an android phone. So, if I get the Logitech mini, can both remotes be active at the same time? Will I encounter the same problem with only one remote being able to be paired with the tv at any given time? It appears from that thread that it works off a USB port. So I would THINK that would mean there wouldn't be any issues with two remotes being active at the same time. I also read in another thread that there is an issue with USB ports in that the tv recognizes the first thing plugged in.. Does this mean that if I have a USB for the remote plugged in and then later I plug in a USB flash drive with movies that it will not recognize the second usb?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. bugeyed

bugeyed New Member

There IS the "Google TV Remote" for iOS available.
    I didn't know that the Sony remote is "paired" with the set. Is this true?

kev