Quantcast

Second character on keys?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jschall, Mar 19, 2013.

1. jschall

jschall Member

How do you type the second white character on the GS7 keyboard? For example, the key with "@&", how do you get the "&"?

I thought I could figure most things out for myself, but this has got me stumped.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The arrow up key, typically called the shift key, on both sides of the keypad.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jschall

jschall Member

Thanks, Chris. I actually fingered it out myself a few minutes ago. It's not the usual way to indicate shift characters, but these keys are so small.

4. ChrisG8

Too small for me, I haven't used the NSG-MR5U remote included with the NSZ-GS7 a total of 5 minutes. I use the Logitech K700 keyboard with all models of Google TV I own. I will say I like the feel of the proper remote for the NSZ-GS7 and might be able to get used to it but so far I haven't been willing to make the effort. It is my favorite tiny keypad remote I have seen, meaning I hate it less than I hate the others. The one that comes with the NSZ-GT1 is even worse. Just looking at the Co-Star remote, I know I would hate it even more. I also don't like typing on smart phones or tablets, I have a tablet and of course own the Bluetooth keyboard for it. I see my children, grandchildren and even my girlfriend using their iPhones or Android phones, texting, thumbs moving about and can't even imagine being able to do that.

5. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

The voice search capability of the new remote will hopefully help avoid a lot of typing, but I'm ok with the little keyboard and prefer it to having to pull out something bigger.

6. ChrisG8

Yes, I think you are in the mainstream on that. I am out of the mainstream, even I couldn't have imagined sitting at the couch with a full sized keyboard to watch TV before I tried it and now I can see few agree with me.

7. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

That's what's so nice when companies actually work to standards. I do have a full-size bluetooth keyboard I used with my HTPC, but I never even bothered trying to pair it with the GS7, and usually used a little Gyration Air Mouse Presenter instead. I rarely have to fire up my HTPC, so for the most part the GS7 is getting the job done.