Quantcast

Searched everywhere! Karaoke with google tv?

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by mullethead, Dec 24, 2011.

1. mullethead

mullethead New Member

Can't seem to find a solution anywhere on the web. I am using google tv via a logitech revue connected to an onkyo tx-sr805 connected to a samsung TV. I would like to use the karaoke channel app on google tv but need to connect a microphone. Any thoughts on how this is done? I have seen references to mixers but am not sure if those would be compatible with the hdmi output on the revue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Happy Holidays!

2. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

I bought this set-up, a Nady microphone and stand and this little Danelectro amplifier. It works great. Buy them together from Amazon with free shipping, about $48.00. Amazon.com: Nady Center Stage Microphone with On/Off Switch and Stand: Musical Instruments I remember the Danelectro name from the late 60's. They made good quality, popular guitars back then. Don't know if they still do. The amplifier works with a 9V battery. It's recommended to buy an adapter with it, to save on batteries.

3. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

As a matter of fact, no, Danelectro is not in the business, so to say..

They originally started up in '47, selling to Sears and Montgomery Ward.

To hard to compete, they basically stopped selling in 1969 I think.

They sold out sometime in the late '90's to another company called Evets..

They make reproductions of the danelectro lines of earlier times...

I happen to own a mid '60's original guitar... Not a bad guitar in it's time, in fact, some big names still use and collect them, including Jimmy Page,
    of which quite often used it in touring. I seen it a few times, and he continues to play it on smaller venues..

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The irony is that the web app doesn't integrate the Karoke experience on Google TV. It is merely just a Flash based movie player with "subtitles" across the video. Until USB microphones are compatible with Google TV, one won't be able submerse themselves in the experience as with the musical game titles for the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 game systems.

The irony is the reverse discrimination used by the Karaoke website at "http://www.thekaraokechannel.com/tv/" which requires that you use the User Agent string from a Google TV device to enjoy the same experience on your computer.

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

Buy an old PA system and run an audio out from your TV to it. You will likely need adapters to connect the audio in to one. Buy a professional quality mic and you will get the best home Karaoke experience for sound quality and low price. If you don't know what a PA system is then go to a store that sells musical instruments for help. I picked a used one up from the 70's for $100 a few years ago added a singers mic and a pair of old speakers. This set up is far superior to a usb mic of one of those karaoke boxes you could buy at a dept. store and use as well if it has an audio input.

If you can get your hands on an old stereo with a mic input jack and an aux input that may work as well.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012