Quantcast

Search of Video/Movies returning random listings

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by gadgetman, Aug 1, 2012.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman New Member

Recently when I do a search for something then choose for it to return Video content it has been returning content not at all similar to what I have asked to search for. If I go into the You Tube App and do the search it pulls back plenty of content so I know it is out there.

For example if I search Smokey and the Bandit then choose Search Movies and Videos, it returns Hybrd Electic Car, several unrelated Blogg webpages, several unrelated pages with various flattrr something. It used to return Smokey and the Bandit videos from youtube as well as from other sources, other searches return the same content back.

What is going wrong with my Movie and Video Searches, has my Google TV unit been hijacked or something?
    I want my Google TV to start returning relevent content to my search back again. Thanks for any information you could provide.
    Gadgetman

2. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

This is weird. I don't think your TV is hacked. Try clearing the cache and browsing data. Then try to search again. If it doesn't return the exact search results, try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

3. gadgetman

gadgetman New Member

How do you clear the Cache and browsing data on the Logitech Review? Also this is when I search using the built in search using the Logitech Review by clicking on the magnifying glass on the keyboard then search then choosing Movies and Videos. I never thought of that as an application? Maybe it is? I just assumed since it has it's own key on the keyboard that it was somehow integrated in the Google TV operating system. If someone knows a way of deleting Video and Movie Search part of it and reloading it and you think that would help please let me know how I would do that.
    Gadgetman

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Press the menu key (key with 4 horizontal bars on the bottom row). Next Click "settings". Then you will see options to clear the cache and to clear all browsing data.

First I would try rebooting by pressing: Alt + Ctrl + DEL.

If none of that helps you - then try a full factory reset (push and hold the button on back of Revue for approx. 45 seconds).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

You haven't mentioned which device you are using in your previous post. So I could not give you full explain but catfish have explained it fully in the post. Have you tried it?

6. gadgetman

gadgetman New Member

Thanks for the information, Before posting the question I had tried unplugging the Logitech Review and plugging it back in thinking that might be the same thing as rebooting it.

I should have mentioned I was using a Logitech Revue in my earlier post, I forgot that the Google TV is on different platforms/devices.

I tried the cntrl alt del and then tried Searching again and now I am receiving relevant content. Now I can see my favorite Smokey and the Bandit clips quickly again!

Thanks for the information, this is a great website to fix things with the Google TV when one gets stuck, Gagetman