Quantcast

Search Movies on Demand

Discussion in 'Google TV Feature Wish Lists' started by DomSgam, Nov 8, 2011.

1. DomSgam

DomSgam New Member

I'd love for the ability to search both movies and shows on demand through FIOS or any other cable providers. Google should search the on demand channels I have subscribed to as well as the premium channels and pay per view channels

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It should already do that. You will have to go through the process of identifying the channels that you receive and your search results will include them if applicable. I believe though "On Demand" channels are defaulted as off, so you'll have to actively enable them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Nice! I didn't think of that. Another great eferz tip of the day.:D

• Like Like x 2
  4. DomSgam

DomSgam New Member

HOw would I do that? I know you can choose to search "free" and "pay" movies, but how about the on demand channels that you subscribe to. for example, HBO on demand, how would you direct Google to search for that channel?

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You would go into Live TV > GTV Menu > Edit Channels then you make sure that there's a checkmark next to the "HBO On Demand" channel. That should include the current program(s) available to the HBO On Demand channel during your search. Of course, that depends what shows are listed on i.TV Channel Guide since that's the source where Google TV gets its channel listing information.