Quantcast

Search Issue with 3.1 Update

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by shizukanaumi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. shizukanaumi

shizukanaumi New Member

So I'm generally enjoying the new update on my revue, but I have encountered an annoying change and I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something.

On the old 2.1 firmware, if I searched for a show with the global search button, like say Family Guy, it would tell me if Family Guy was on now, and if so on what channel, and a click would take me to that channel. Or, if it isn't on currently, when the next time it would be on would be, and I could click that option to be taken to my dvr interface to record it.

But with the new 3.1 firmware, it will still tell me if Family Guy is on now, but if it's on later, it just links me to the TV and Movies app, where I have to sift through every episode of every season of Family Guy, including those that are available on Netflix, those I can rent on Amazon, and those that will be on tv sometime soon (and if I don't go out of my way to click the 'free and available' now button, even episodes that aren't available to me at all), all listed by season, and not by time. Maybe I could turn off Netflix and Amazon integration in search, but I don't want to be going in to the settings to flip that on and off all the time.

I'm hoping there's a way to change the view or sort results in the TV and Movies app quickly so I can just see what episodes are coming on tv soon. This is a very annoying 'feature' because I often use the global search to find something that I know is coming on soon, but I don't know what channel it's on. These results will now only show up in a huge list of all available episodes, and I don't know if it will work at all for one off things like sports games or news programs.

Does anyone else have a better way to handle this? Am I missing a sorting option?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There are filters at the top of the TV & Movies app. I think one of them is time based where the other is pay based.

3. shizukanaumi

shizukanaumi New Member

There are two filters there, but...

1. You can only sort by price and quality (hd or not)

2. Those filters are only available when browsing the main screen of the TV and Movies app. When you're looking at a specific show or movie, you only have the 'free and available' checkbox.

I'm not surprised that you thought one of the filters was time based though, because it seems like one of them should be. I'd much rather have that then a quality filter.

Any other ideas anyone?