Quantcast

Scuzzo's on going Testing HC3.1 for the Revue..

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok on this thread i will try and test various aspects of HC 3.1... just starting out... so its pretty new.. but.. my MKV files run great off of Mezzmo..before i had some sorta codex problem and it caused some popping and distortions in the audio track... well its gone now.. and.. the media player logitech provides is quite a bit more polished then the previous one.. not near as clunky and lacking in detail.. its a nice suprise.. so,, for media playback.. 100 percent so far with all my MKV.. will try avi and others but its looking good.. (to be continued) all is not well with Mezzmo... now no FF or REW functions.. it freezes image.. so.. (edit, the skip forward /back seem to work well enough not to be a problem... so thats goos things im not liking so far.. there is no way to shut down an app.. or even a web browser.. i can not believe they would omit this,, so im wong i hope.. but if you cannot shut down an app.. they start to stack up and pull resources away,, the web becomes sluggish.. every thing get bogged.. so this cannot be right.. (edit, seem you can close windows by going to search bar and hitting the menu button.. but the old long click home display all windows with cancel option is much better.. so.. thats not great.. lots of extra steps involved in navigation.. ok some of my fav flash video sites that serve tv shows and stuff are not not functioning.. i guess it must be the newest version of flash on the revue is not downward compat... but this is not good for me... i was really happy with my revue on its ability to handle Gorillavid... i guess im going to have to just loose those sites.. this is a big problem.. it circumvented the need for a lot of cable TV... although it was a rather shady way of watching tv series.. it worked well enough with old flash... new flash just will not display the web vid.. biggest gripe so far.. for some reason its not saving my paragraph formatting... so thats awful. new paranet flix runs well... but the new app is un-usable im not sure who signed off on that.. but its very very bad,, slow clunky,, bad focus for arrows direction.. just very very shoddy work.. that dev should be run out on a rail..so... F for that..

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with paragraph formatting and I'm still on Revue version 2.1.

I think the paragraph formatting issue is due to the fact that the GTV forum had to switch to a new server today. (The forum was down for a few hours this afternoon).

I got my posts to format properly by clicking the "go advanced" button for my post. Then I had to reformat my post one more time because it was all scrunched together (like your paragraph). So after I edited it one more time - and then when I posted it my post was formatted properly.

Hopefully the mods will read this and get it corrected. Also after I make a post I get a blank white screen.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

In some apps you can press GTV Menu and then select exit, while in others long key press of the GTV Back button. Some apps you have to perform a double press of the GTV Back button after reaching the point when you started the app. Unfortunately, there is no standardization for this but there are applications in the Android Market that let you kill tasks.

4. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok this is getting a bit better now... Long press star get you to your book marks.. so thats nice.. before i had to go menu/bookmarks/ so thats better.. im also looking for a good app manager.. something to do a quick kill or cache dump..
    HATE NETFLIX NOW... its horrid.. i dont know who signed off on that.. but some one should kick there dog and punch their mom flat in the face.. well.. not happy bout net flix... was able to get my LDNA sorted.. will try plex.. but mezzmo seem to have all the goods.. also able to use my soundbar.. although the remote seem flakey.. still need to figure out a bunch other stuff.. but im glad about the book mark thing.. HATE NET FLIX though... man.. thats just bad

5. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

I got the update today. My biggest complaint so far is that Flash seems to crash frequently. I'm watching my Game Center Live subscription for the NHL and it's crashed twice while watching the Blackhawks game. It never did this on 2.1.

6. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok some more stuff trying to figure out,, it appears you cannot cycle through open windows..? why would they omit such a cool feature.. you have to go menu/windows/and click the close x.... thats a bit of a drag.. perhaps there are some apps or something that will make quicker work of this,, and you should be able to park a short cut to book marks on the home bar... now you have to open chrome to do a long click star.. to get to bookmarks... well its still a pretty cool upgrade,,
    i hate the fact i lost my gorillavids.. perhaps its their fault for not upgrading their player... idunno.. but more testing..

7. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok so now getting gorillavid to work.. its not as stable as it was in 2.1 but the render of the vid is a great deal better.. seems the new flash is a real improvment on PQ ,,

8. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok, the bad news,,, LOTS of flash crashes with the new 3.1 sites like videobb and vidodozer just will not play.. not sure what the issue is but it was way more stable in 2.1...

also after downloading amazon market.. the app loads fine but when you go to purchase an app... it comes up with a payment error screen.. not sure what the issue is on that.. will have to try some other stuff... but the apps store is not functioning proper..